Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a crackeling speaker on the front passenger side. This is a 1991 300D Turbo. I removed the grill from the dash but there were screws to remove the speaker. It must come out from the bottom. I need 'how to' information for replacement... or is this a project I should stay away from and just take it to the shop ?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There are two screws visible after removing the trim strip. You'll need a short phillips screwdriver. Your speaker is shot and there are no aftermarket speakers that replace it directly. All aftermarket 4' speakers are coaxial (with tweeter)and are four ohms. To hear a radically improved sound, get a four channel amplifier with high level inputs. wire it between the speaker leads on the back of your head unit and the speakers. Replace all the o.e. speakers with same size coaxial ones (Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer,Kicker, etc). Remember when you are talking wattage...volume means louder, wattage meand clearer! P.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re:124 stereo removal process:

Coutesy of John Elliot(JCE)Mercedesshop.com.<br> http://www.mercedesshop.com/w124_stereo_removal.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts