Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I am new to the forum and this is my first post.

I found a couple post addressing brake flushing, but have not run across anyone discussing the problem I am having. Please forgive me is I missed it having been covered previously.

I am attempting to flush the brake lines on my ML350. I have always had a helper in the past to assist pumping the brakes. This time I am running solo utilizing a vacuum pump. After drawing vacuum and opening the bleeder valve, all I get is air bubbles. It does not want to draw any fluid. It acts like it is sucking air past the threads of the bleeder.

This is my first Mercedes. Am I missing a step? Must some valve be triggered to open up the lines through the ABS system on these vehicles? I figure I must be missing something.

Thanks to anyone that can lend some knowledgeable insight to my problem.

Richard
Apex, NC

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Without any suggestions, I made the mistake of calling the dealership to ask them for advice. Let's just say I will never call them for anything ever again!

So I surrendered and took the ML into my local shop. From what they told me, there is nothing special required. They usually either crack all the valves and let gravity flush them which takes a couple hours, or they use positive pressure applied to the master cylinder to flush them.

Posted in hopes of helping the next poor soul needing help flushing their brake fluid.

Richard
Apex, NC

1 - 2 of 2 Posts