Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a phone call today from the MB salesman about lease terms. For customers with tier one credit they are offering either:

Money factor 0.0024 with a 54% residual or

Money factor 0.0037 with a 61% residual.

Wow, these numbers sound terrible. Can someone tell me if I should accept these numbers or should I look elsewhere?

These terms are for 36 months at 15,000 miles with no budging on MSRP.

·
Registered
SLK 350 MT
148 Posts
screw non subvented manufacturer leases at retail . home equity loans give the most flexibilty (if you don't have the ready cash), since interest is deductible and you aren't tied to their time frame . you are on the hook in case of plummetting value, but you control all the other variables. sell when you want, trade up ,down, sideways. btw - porsche, audi ,saab and bmw also sell nice convertibles. if you don't own the benz yet, you are free to negotiate the price of open sky with the others.also, just multiply the money factor by 2400 to get the interest rate; .0024 = 5.76%, .0037= 8.88%%

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Their numbers aren't too far off the rates on leasecompare.com. I need to do a lease for business reasons. I am likely to purchase my wife's next vehicle with a home equity loan.

I was hoping that the lease crew on the board could tell me if these rates are competitive with what they got.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts