Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently i had to disconnect my battery to clean some crap that spilled... Once connecting it back, I guess the car had to re-program itself... Well, whats happening now is when the car gets warm, it downshifts into first gear pretty tuff... U can actually see the rpm gause shoot up then down... feels like a little jerk... What do u guys suggest???

also, if anyone is selling the declid spoiler can they contact, im interested in one...

Thanks..

·
Registered
1977 RD400
10 Posts
When you disconnect the battery you erase all the "adaptions" (as MBZ calls them) for a wi...

When you disconnect the battery you erase all the "adaptions" (as MBZ calls them) for a wide variety of things like fuel trim and upshift/downshift points.

You need to "re-learn" the shift points. Start the car and drive it until 60 C operating temp (adaptions will not take place until this temp is reached). Then drive the car gently through all the gears, decel through them as well. There are 3 load ranges for adaptions, low load, part load and full load. You will have to drive the car in all of these load ranges.

Eventually the shift points will be learned during normal driving- making a point of doing it in one go speeds the process.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts