Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
mercedes benz C320
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a MB c320 and I live in Wisconsin, which is a snowy area in December. I need advice from you guys. Can I use 18" wheels eventhough I already put a set of winter tires on them ?
Thanks

·
BenzWorld Tire & Wheel God
1,386 Posts
winter tires on 18's are better than non-winter tires on any size so, if I read your post ...

winter tires on 18's are better than non-winter tires on any size so, if I read your post correctly ...yes you can use them

·
Registered
2000 E320S4M
1,945 Posts
My question is why?

You can use a 16" wheel and tire, which will be cheaper and will gi...

My question is why?

You can use a 16" wheel and tire, which will be cheaper and will give you more sidewall. Plus, there are more winter tire options available.

·
1,386 Posts
but, the post reads that he already has a set of 18" winter tires ... doesn't it ??? so ...

but, the post reads that he already has a set of 18" winter tires ... doesn't it ??? so getting a set of 16's would be another expense which is not needed

·
Registered
2000 E320S4M
1,945 Posts
Yes it does Luke, but if he is switching between summers and winters on the same rims, tha...

Yes it does Luke, but if he is switching between summers and winters on the same rims, that cost be be saved by buying another set of wheels.

What I really mean to say is, since smaller wheels will fit on the C, why would one buy 18" winters when 16" would have worked better, since you can get Q-rated 16" tires. 18" winters are mostly H-rated, which the C doesn't really need.

·
1,386 Posts
agreed ... but what would he do with the 18's he already has ???? sell them and take a los...

agreed ... but what would he do with the 18's he already has ???? sell them and take a loss on them and spend more money for the 16's ... your point is a good, valid and correct one but, since the person who started this thread doesn't feel the need to respond maybe he has already made his decision

·
Registered
mercedes benz C320
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RE :

I have the original set of the mb sport package wheels, 1 set of 18 inch carlsson wheels which I will use it in snow and I am planning to purchase another 19 inches for the spring.
I already think about the hassle of switching the tires from summer to winter and back to summer again and instead of change the tires only, why don't I change the rims, so I will not get bored on my car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts