Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
380SL and MB 420SEL
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 1983 380SL. I need a sun visor for the passenger side. I might need the whole assembly and possibly the whole assemblies for both sides so they'll match.

·
Premium Member
2008 E 320 Bluetec (ELEGANCE) 2005 CLK500 (avant-garde)
1,928 Posts
Boy you're not going to like this!

[:0] Well, the visors can be had, but they are mucho deniero for what you get. I think that the last time I looked it was around $220 EACH if you have the non lighted kind. The lighted ones are MUCH MUCH MORE (around $385). If you go to Stugartt or Potomic German auto they might be less, but they may not match and they will have been recylced from a wreck. (that matters to some people...not me)![xx(]

·
Premium Member
2008 E 320 Bluetec (ELEGANCE) 2005 CLK500 (avant-garde)
1,928 Posts
Boy you're not going to like this!

[:0] Well, the visors can be had, but they are mucho deniero for what you get. I think that the last time I looked it was around $220 EACH if you have the non lighted kind. The lighted ones are MUCH MUCH MORE (around $385). If you go to Stugartt or Potomic German auto they might be less, but they may not match and they will have been recylced from a wreck. (that matters to some people...not me)![xx(]

·
Registered
380SL and MB 420SEL
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Boy you're not going to like this!

Thanks for the info. Guess for right now, I'll stick with the insulated copper wire that holds up the visor where you usually pull it out to swing it to the side. I **DID** upgrade from a blue and pink colored insulation to a gold one which better matches the goldish beige interior. [:D][:eek:)]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ebay to the rescue

My 380sl had the same issue. Ebay frequently has sun visors for sale. They seem to fit either side, and run from $20 right on up to $might as well buy a whole new car. I spent $25 on mine.

·
Registered
380SL and MB 420SEL
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Ebay to the rescue

My 380sl had the same issue. Ebay frequently has sun visors for sale. They seem to fit either side, and run from $20 right on up to $might as well buy a whole new car. I spent $25 on mine.

Thanks, Christiane. I've already ordered the expensive kind but at least with a 15% discount. It arrives today on UPS. I'm hoping it matches reasonably well with the visor on the other side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts