Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Clk320
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a heated sideview mirror for the left side on a 99 clk320. I am not sure what is going on with it, posting a picture might be easier than describing it, but it started as what looked like a little crack in the glass, then it started to turn this dark color (looks like ink almost) at the top and slowly worked it's way down the glass over a period of a few months. Now, pretty much the entire mirror is extremely foggy and blurry with a little bit of the black ink looking stuff at the bottom. Also, all of this is happening within the mirror, not on the outside. I know this probably does not make any sense, but I have no idea what caused it, very odd.

Dealership said they are about $400 just for the part (yikes). Anybody know where to get one for cheaper? And, has anyone replaced one before?

·
Registered
w208
1,462 Posts
Williams707 said:
If you find a good source let me know. I am looking for one as well. KOperformance sells it for $325

If you just want a regular side mirror, member "1sickclk" has one. Pictures below.

Drivers side mirror

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...e/IMG_1652.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...e/IMG_1651.jpg
pics didnt work..but do u know how much he wants for it?
and what do you mean by regular? as in not autodimming? i didnt know our mirrors were heated - are they?

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
1,036 Posts
I did not get them from him because they were not the heated auto dimming mirrors which I have on my car.

I modified the web link so the pictures should work now.

You will have to holla at him for pricing, I think it runs around $70 new.

·
Registered
1999 Clk320
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It might not be heated, but I am not sure. I was told when I bought the car it had all the options and during the winter when they were frosted over, once I turned the car on, the sideview mirrors defrosted extremely fast. I think mine have the auto-dimm too, I am wondering if that is what the black inky looking stuff is behind the mirror that seems to be leaking, lol.

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320
1,036 Posts
MarcusF said:
Heated, autodimming mirrors were standard in 2002. I don't know about the earlier models.
Mine is a 2000 and I have autodimming, heated sideview mirrors.:)
I'm thinking it came standard from 2000~

Part #: 2088100521-22

Description: Mirror Glass Left Door Automatic Dimming.

Applications: CLK320 208.365- from 2000 208.365

KO Price: $352.68
KO Performance - High End Import Performance and OEM Parts, car parts

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 Clk320
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is a picture of what it looks like. Kind of hard to see, but thought I would share. Seems like moisture or something has gotten in the mirror or something...

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just took off my old mirror and glued the new one over the back plate. Looks good and heats up but not as fast. Much cheaper than the dealer option.

·
Registered
2001 CLK 320
57 Posts
yeah im having the same problem with my drivers side mirrior i got a 2001 clk 320 and i wanna remove the one i have but havent found a post on how to do that? the side mirrior i have though doesnt have the black ring around it, i guess since its a 2001

·
Registered
2001 CLK 320
57 Posts
i wasnt able to get the mirror fixed, i want to though ! does anyone know a DIY that shows how to remove the drivers side rear view mirror ?
or if anyone can gives steps that would be muched appreciated !

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,376 Posts
i wasnt able to get the mirror fixed, i want to though ! does anyone know a DIY that shows how to remove the drivers side rear view mirror ?
or if anyone can gives steps that would be muched appreciated !
Here you go...

mirror details for your W208 CLK... :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,376 Posts
is there any web page from where u can download PDF files about servicing our cars?
how did u get this?cause its good stuff:thumbsup:
I do not think you can get this stuff on a free webpage.

These pages are from a M-B WIS (workshop manual) on 2 DVDs that I bought on eBay a couple of years ago. It covers all M-B models from 1985 to 2005, but is now superceded. But its fine for my 2004 CLK.

The WIS describes the tasks (in order) to take the car apart to replace parts. It assumes a trained mechanic has all the required tools, but provides useful info such as torques for tightening bolts. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2001 CLK 320
57 Posts
thanks keyhole, you always come through lol!
Now that i got these steps do you know where i can get a good mirrior at ?
i really dont wanna go to the stealer shop to get one

·
Registered
CLK430
63 Posts
dude you guys seriously rock!!! keyhole with the pdf file!!!!!!!!
this mirror is a byotch, and wont clip in flush.
now that i can see i gotta start at the bottom, hopefully it will snap in perfect.
THX!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts