Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there folks....great website! I have a 1983 mercedes 280GE that I'm thinking of putting up for sale. 6 cyl, 5 door, gas, manual trans..odometer reads 150,000kms but I'm sure it's turned over at least once. There is some rust on it (fender spots, no holes) but overall it's not too bad. Runs great, shifts great....it's a beast. Green in color (forest not that puke green! haha) also has the MB tire cover. Anyodd I was just wondering if I could use all of your expertise to come up with a fair asking price...I want it to sell but I know these things are somewhat hard to come by especially here in Canada. Let me know what ya think. Thanks for your time and cheers!
HIMMM

·
Registered
10 GLK 350 4Matic
704 Posts
I have found the Edmunds(dot)com forum the absolute best for this. Go to Smart Shopper -> Real World Values. It is hosted by some experts in the business. There numbers are always dead on.

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
I am selling mine which is quite similar. You can see it at www.eurotruck-importers.com. "Specials" then scroll down to 280 GE. Marked it to $14,500 and no takers. You may have a chance to get some lookers too by posting the information on www.clubgwagen.com. The high gasoline prices have made the old trucks less desirable and of course ANY rust scares buyers too! To sell in the U.S. all the D.O.T. papers must be correct. Take a look further down at the G-Wagen discussion forum on this page.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts