Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1992 MBZ 500SL(current) 1995 MBZ S320(sold)
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok just a couple days ago i noticed that my power door locks stopped working including the radio antenna....any clues? ideas of what might be wrong? and i also noticed that the head lamp wipers never worked when i got it...any help on that also?? please help a brother out here thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do you know if it's bad or good? because the fuses are very different from honda's and acura's. also where is are the fuses located at? sorry i lost my user manuals when relocated.

·
Greek God of the R129
SL500-500SEL-190E
8,391 Posts
how do you know if it's bad or good? because the fuses are very different from honda's and acura's. also where is are the fuses located at? sorry i lost my user manuals when relocated.

The fuses in front are.
Next to the brake booster.
In rear right trunk corner.
They look like ceramic torpedo's. Lol.

Regards,
aam.

·
Premium Member
2015 Jaguar XF R Sport Twin Turbo, 1992 500sl Pano, 1999 CBR 1100XX, Super BlackBird, Jaguar X Type
4,818 Posts
on my 92, *6 fuse in the trunk is behind the plastic cover facing you when you lift the lid. This fuses the Antenna, central locking, IR control and Trunk light. Sounds like the problem, check if the trunk light comes on when you lift the lid, you will soon see if the metal strip is broken when you remove the fuse.

I think the wiper fuse is *11 in the engine compartment as indicated by aam.
check that before going any further.

If your fuses have the silver alloy strips on them, do yourself a favour and replace them all with the copper strip type. You will have a lot less gremlins in the future.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh ok kool thanks fellas im gonna do this first thing in the morning and will get back to you guys about it.

·
Registered
Departed 1998 SL500 (and the Pano is in Bogota)
11,108 Posts
The fuses in front are.
Next to the brake booster.
In rear right trunk corner.
They look like ceramic torpedo's. Lol.

Regards,
aam.
They more look like suppositories

And yes, if they are the old type Alum, replace them all with copper ones. Also check and clean the contacts of the holders too.

·
Greek God of the R129
SL500-500SEL-190E
8,391 Posts
Hmmm! could be either.

Just don't get them mixed up :crybaby2:

I see, electrifying.....

The blue are for men.

The pink are for women.

Are the silver for the third sex?

Hmmmmm.
Is that why there are more???