Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1990 420sel
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to replace my filter, and the bracket is rusted out. I'm hoping someone out there has an extra one in decent condition. My car has the dual fuel pumps. Dealer wants $100 for it-NO WAY!

·
Registered
1965 220S, 1999 Volvo V70 (wagon), 2006 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor, 72 350SL 4 Speed
1,830 Posts
The steel is pretty thick. I had rusted ones, 420 and 300, and I cleaned them up and replaced the nuts and bolts.

·
Registered
1990 560 SEL with Euro engine, 1998 SL500 Sport
2,957 Posts
rph74 said:
I'm getting ready to replace my filter, and the bracket is rusted out. I'm hoping someone out there has an extra one in decent condition. My car has the dual fuel pumps. Dealer wants $100 for it-NO WAY!

You can clean up your old one pretty well and then paint it to stop it from rusting...unless of course the bracket is completly rusted through. Mine just had surface rust. A new bracket will have the same rust problem in a few years.

·
Registered
1990 420sel
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
graftdesign said:
You can clean up your old one pretty well and then paint it to stop it from rusting...unless of course the bracket is completly rusted through. Mine just had surface rust. A new bracket will have the same rust problem in a few years.
I found one out of Arizona for $26 shipped in good condition. I may just go ahead and get it just incase. The rust on my bracket is pitted pretty good. It doesn't appear to be just surface rust in my case. Thanks guys for your input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts