Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys:

Just picked up a new 2007 E550, and want to put some 20's on there. Being that I have been out of the Mercedes game for a bit with BMW's, I don't know the sizing and offsets necessary to get good fitment. My plan is to leave the stock air suspension alone, and I don't necessary need staggered. What is the best size for good fitment with no problems (20 by 8.5 or 9 all around with what offset?), also what tire sizes (I want to have at least 35-40 series tires). Thanks for the help guys, what about wheels from SL/CL/S? How far off are they offset wise? What I would really like is to put the S65 AMGs on, I am assuming if I got four fronts it would work?

thanks,

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was in the exact same situation. I drove a 2000 328i for a long time and then decided on the E class when the E550 came out because I hate how the 5 series looks and I wanted a midsize sedan. I hated the sports package rims so I decided on some klass 19 inch wheels. I looked at the mercedes rims and the ones that fit are the ones for E63 AMG and the ones for the SL550, a 5 spoke AMG design, but I don't think those S65 AMG's fit (I know the ones you're talking about, I loved those and asked about them). If I were you I would just get 20's in aftermarket rims and forget about mercedes equipment. Too expensive and too much trouble finding what you like. Plus these guys at Brabus told me that they wouldn't recommend 20's on the E-class. I'm only going with 19's. The ride with 20's is brutal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also came from a 330i ZHP, and agree with your statements. Trying to find the ret set is tough. I just think an upgrade from the 18 inch sport wheels to 19's is a waste of money. I tend to carry the mentality to go big or go home, withen reason... I am looking for some more "conservative 20's" which is why the S65 AMG rims would be nice, but too much dough for little certainty on fitment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yah I thought that I should go all out with 20's because it does look better but honestly as far as size goes I thought the 18's were enough. It was more the design that appealed to me because I love a 5 spoke design and the stock have this 10 spoke thing going on that covers the whole rim. Those 5 spoke AMG's are also on the CLS class. I remember from some rim guy saying that the CLS and the E have very similar fitment so you may want to look at some of the CLS designs. The guys at mercedes places are real inexperienced when it comes to seeing what rims you can switch for which ones and i got different answers from different places. I think you can get any rim in any car but the guy said that some you might have to force in there and they will fit, if you wanna do that to the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts