Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Plan to order 2013 GLK350 as soon as dealer has info and prices. Anybody have any info on changes or pricing? I know that the new Direct Injection engine will be included. What else? Wife is retiring and she is going to spec it.
Have heard that dealers will be able to order some time in Feb.Don't know when deliveries will start here.That is the only info I have.Will be selling her 2007 CLK350 Designo Cabrio to make room for GLK. Appreciate all comments.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
The 2013 model may be introduced at the 2012 New York Auto Show. Conventional wisdom is that powerplant and options will follow whatever the W204 has; which now includes a turbocharged 1.8L, Direct Injection/Efficiency engine, etc.

As for order/delivery . . . MBUSA isn't going to cannibalize the 2012 sales, so you're going to have to wait, likely till late summer/fall for the 2013.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Rumor has it to expect a slight facelift. Also expect a 250 model with a 204hp bluetec 4cyl.
But I have heard rumors before, so I am not holding my breath.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
In a summer 2011 article, showing spyshots of a test mule in the US, this was the observed comments:

In order to keep up with the overall trend, the German constructor will give its compact 4×4 model an essential makeover towards the end of 2012. General modifications will include some visual tweaks to the front fascia and the back end, as well as some important updates to the dashboard, such as a new, three-pointed steering wheel borrowed from the CLS, better quality materials and possibly a new arrangement for the HVAC and multimedia control panels on the center console. The new GLK Facelift will be standardly equipped with the BlueEFFICIENCY package, which together with the efficient gasoline and diesel engines, comprises a set of distinct measures to improve aerodynamic levels, fuel economy and CO2 emissions. The high-end variants will be the GLK 350 CDI BE with a 265 hp V6 diesel unit and the GLK 350 BE with a 306 hp direct-injection V6 petrol powerplant. Among other upgrades, the 2013 GLK-Class will be one of the safest places on Earth where you could find yourself thanks to the multitude of proven assistance systems, such as the ATTENTION ASSIST, the PRE-SAFE and the Blind Spot Assist – and the list goes on.

What finally arrives on these shores is yet to be seen, but clearly BlueEfficiency is the engine across all models.

·
Registered
58 Posts
What finally arrives on these shores is yet to be seen, but clearly BlueEfficiency is the engine across all models.

Just to add a bit more info, I looked up BE & it is more than direct injection for the engine; it is a major refinement to aero AND weight savings in the total vehicle which lead to overall mpg improvements.

Green Cars, Fuel Efficiency and the Environment | Mercedes-Benz

IMO - weight savings is the biggest gain in fuel efficiency play that any manufacturer can make.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I read that they might only introduce the older 220 diesel and not the new-in-2010 250 cdi diesel which I have in my GLK in Spain. If so that would be a shame as the 250 goes like a bomb with the extra power north americans want. I find the fuel economy figures a bit disappointing, around 9.2 litres/100 kms, but that is with the 4Matic and either in the city or at high cruising speeds (150 kph+) on the Spanish motorways.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
From a service, parts and training standpoint, it would make sense to deploy the same powerplants and transmissions across the W/X204 line.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Even though the OP is not interested . . . here's an update for 2013

Expect the GLK350 to get the latest iteration of Benz’s 3.5-liter V-6, which should boost output from today’s 268 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque to 302 and 273, respectively. The revised engine served duty this year in the C- and E-classes, among other Benz models. For diesel enthusiasts, the GLK refresh brings good news in the form of a four-cylinder diesel. The engine we’ll see here displaces 2.1 liters; we’ll probably get the most powerful version offered in Europe, which has 204 hp and 369 lb-ft. We’ve heard, too, that Mercedes is expecting the diesel GLK to score an EPA highway fuel-economy rating in the upper 30s.

The 2.1-liter diesel four also will power a version of the next-gen C-class, which we expect to debut in about two years. Mercedes-Benz hopes to sell eight diesel models in the U.S. by the end of 2014. As of today, the count sits at five: S350, ML350, GL350, R350, and E350. In addition to the GLK- and C-classes, we expect a diesel to be offered in an upcoming front-drive Benz.

Despite not being a standout in any regard, the GLK sells well, and Benz’s number crunchers say 65 percent of its buyers are new to the Mercedes brand. Updated duds and revised engines should help strengthen its position. Expect the refreshed GLK and its optional diesel to arrive at dealers this summer.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Coulda, shoulda, woulda waited? Probably not.
They better trot out the totally new infotainment center for 2013. A year late. The MB trickle down effect.

Wayne

1 - 12 of 12 Posts