Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, the right-side of the driver's seat has started to make a 'popping' noise whenever there is weight on the chair. I believe it is a loose or lost bolt or screw that secures the top and bottom part of the entire seat, but I cannot visually see any connections. Does someone have schematic or diagram?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Popping noise

My seat does the same thing. If you reach straight down while sitting in your seat between the seat and the center console you will feel a bracket that connects the back of the seat to the bottom. If you grip that and move your back back and forth to make the noise you can feel it in the metal. Feel slightly forward of that and you will feel a bolt that holds this together. I have tried tightening it to stop the noise. It does not stop. I think its metal fatigue much like gripping a piece of sheet metal and twisting it in opposite directions and you will hear a clicking sound.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I also have this annoying problem, which I have ignored up to now. However, this seems within my DIY capabilities, so will give it a try.

Could someone post WIS document AR91.10-P-1000F, or otherwise instructions for removing the seat.

TIA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
hflavell
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing