Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum, but definitely not to Mercedes! Anyway, it's not very often that I can't figure out a problem but this one has me a little stumped and I can't seem to find anything on it anywhere.

I had my SRS light come on a couple days ago so I ran the diagnostics on it and was getting code B1C1113 and B1C1713 - NECK_PRO head restraint (both in this case) has a malfunction - There is an open circuit.

Started at the most logical place for an open circuit- the fuse box. Pull fuse 37 and sure enough it's blown. I replace the fuse and think I'm good....take it out for a ride drive a couple miles and sure enough it blows again. I try one more time - take for a drive. This time I go 20 miles and park. All is ok so I thought maybe the replacement fuse was bad. I get back in the car later in the day and before I get out of the parking lot to head home it blows again.

It seems to be happening upon acceleration if i go a little heavier on the throttle or when I get on it merging on the highway.

Any idea as to where to start diagnosing whats going on in the circuit?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just wanted to give an update as I was able to repair the issue. I identified the circuit and started to trouble shoot the issue. Since it was happening while accelerating or going over bumps, I had a hunch that it might have something to do with the wiring in the seat.

I replaced the fuse started the car and sat in the passenger seat, moved around vigorously and nothing would happen. I moved over the the driver seat and did the same thing and sure enough the fuse would blow so I pulled the drivers seat to check the harness.

As I got to the hinge in the seat I pulled the harness out as best I could and sure enough I found a small hole worn through the sleeve of the harness and just enough insulation worn off one of the neck-pro wires to expose copper. The wire was grounding out to the metal of the seat. I wrapped the harness in self adhering rubber electrical tape then another layer of traditional vinyl electrical tape. Put it all back together and we are good to go!

Hope this may help someone out in the future.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
18,826 Posts
Good work! If you will, please take a moment to visit the User Control Panel and update your profile to include your car model and year, and your location (at least country). This information will then appear below your name and avatar on the left side panel next to each post you make. This will greatly help others. If you are using the mobile version of the site, you will need to switch to the "full" version to get to the User Control Panel.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
im having the same issue i need some help please
Please take a moment to update your profile with model/year/location of your vehicle.
Check the wiring under the driver seat (most used seat in any vehicle) then under the front passenger seat for any signs of insulation wrap deterioration which is mostly caused by grinding against the lower metal parts of the seats.
Take pictures and post here if your problem is persistent.
Update with your finding so all users can increase their knowledge of such car aging problems.

Good luck... I sent you a PM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts