Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 SL500, K&N, NEOKEN Ported TB, Custom Intake, RENNtech Sport Exhaust, AMG I Monoblocks
10,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2004 S500 4Matic
228 Posts
Ken,

What have you heard about D&E Quality Service?

D&E Quality Service

Thanks
I haven't heard of them, but I stay away from these "we fix everything" places. I've been a customer of Autohaus for a while. I took my C240 in for new valve cover gaskets. When one of them turned out to have a problem, they replaced it for free under warranty. (I would have expected nothing less than that.)

·
Registered
2005 C240 4MATIC
19 Posts
Went to Autohaus and had my A service done today.. kewl folks.. very small shop.. but they had wifi!LOL

·
Registered
2004 E320
25 Posts
I use the Foreign Service. They are the most fantastic place in the world. They really take their time to do it right. They also warrant their work for 2 years, unlimited miles. They also provide loaner cars. all are early 1990's 190E with close to 300k on the odomoter. They are close to Carmax in Raleigh. 919-787-1405 is their number.

·
Registered
1977 300D
488 Posts
Ken,

D&E Quality Service

Thanks
I've taken my 300D to D&E several times. They replaced my alternator, repaired my injector pump, and also some other stuff. They also do my state inspections. Their prices are good too! I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
1990 300SE (140,000), 2001 BMW525iT, 1998 Chev Suburban
31 Posts
D&E Raleigh AOK

Ken,

D&E Quality Service

Thanks
D&E came recommended to me by my neighbor who is on his third Mercedes. I used them for 2 pre-purchase inspections of W126 sedans. They were very thorough, pointed out defects in the first that caused me to reject the car; I bought the second 2 years later (good clean W126's are hard to find these days).

They've maintained the car for me since (4 years now) with no surprises and only regular maintenance and normal wear items already identified. Very knowledgable, honest, and reasonably priced folks. They've been at it since '83. All they service are MB, Honda, and Acura (mostly a Mercedes clientele).

I've been very satisfied and have no interest in going anywhere else.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2015 C300 4Matic, 1978 240D
659 Posts
My C280 has been taken to The Foreign Service for almost every repair over the last several years but today I took it to Autohaus. The Foreign Service always did excellent and thorough work, but they charge A LOT and the last few times and there is over a 2 week wait time for an appointment. Also they always talk to me like I'm an idiot - once they were convinced that I must have put diesel in the car and it turned out to be a camshaft sensor.

Autohaus was great. They were friendly and actually told me that my car *doesn't* need an expensive repair. And they quoted $200 less than the dealership for control arm bushings.

·
Premium Member
95 SL500, K&N, NEOKEN Ported TB, Custom Intake, RENNtech Sport Exhaust, AMG I Monoblocks
10,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ken,

D&E Quality Service

Thanks
Sorry VOZ, I am not familiar with D&E nor have I ever heard of them before. If you are in the Raleigh area, I would HIGHLY recommend RAC for the best in general service, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz! Ask to speak with Gene and tell him you were referred by Ken from NEO.

Renaissance Auto Care, Inc.
1100 W Chatham St
Cary, NC 27511
(919) 461-0700

·
Registered
2004 E55 AMG
19 Posts
Autohaus might be ok for older model repairs, but in 3 visits, I was just having parts thrown at the fuel system problem that I had. I also saw the staff in my car doing a traction control disabled hard start (after stopping in the middle of the highway) outside crabtree valley mall/taking the car on joyrides. I'm thinking that half of the videos you see like that on youtube are probably not the owner of these cars.

Leith Mercedes on Capitol not only fixed the problem in just a few hours for a fraction of the cost, but they also washed and waxed the car. Autohaus simply didn't have the correct diagnostic equipment (scoped optics in my case) to literally see that the problem was at the other end of the hose that they worked on.

I think that if you car is even near new, or a relatively prized possession, then there's no need to avoid the dealer.

·
Registered
2004 S500 4Matic
228 Posts
Autohaus might be ok for older model repairs, but in 3 visits, I was just having parts thrown at the fuel system problem that I had. I also saw the staff in my car doing a traction control disabled hard start (after stopping in the middle of the highway) outside crabtree valley mall/taking the car on joyrides. I'm thinking that half of the videos you see like that on youtube are probably not the owner of these cars.

Leith Mercedes on Capitol not only fixed the problem in just a few hours for a fraction of the cost, but they also washed and waxed the car. Autohaus simply didn't have the correct diagnostic equipment (scoped optics in my case) to literally see that the problem was at the other end of the hose that they worked on.

I think that if you car is even near new, or a relatively prized possession, then there's no need to avoid the dealer.
I'd have to agree with this. I took my C240 to Autohaus for various things. When I got my S500 I asked them to diagnose a problem with the TPM system. They told me the main TPM module would have to be replaced. I took it to the dealer for a second opinion. It turned out that I just needed new BERU sensors and needed to have the TPM system programmed / activated, something that Autohaus couldn't do. I'm glad I took it to the dealer because I saved a lot of money. I've since taken it to Leith on Capital Blvd and have been happy with the results.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Ultimate Automotive located in Raleigh, NC. 1603 Trawick Road, Raleigh NC 27604. Their phone number is: (919) 250-9866. The owner/operator is Billy Atkins.

If you own a Mercedes-Benz in NC and have any problems you owe it to yourself to check out Ultimate Automotive. They have excellent service, fair prices and top notch customer service.

I always see various model Mercedes there from a S55AMG, a few W126 models, various E classes and some vintage models. I even see some BMWs there sometimes. He worked magic with my S and I just wanted to recommend this shop to anyone else in the NC area. I don't minding driving 40 miles from where I live to have my car checked out there because I know my car will be in good hands.

·
Registered
Traded my 20 yr 1984 500 sec for a 2005 S600
83 Posts
Ken,

D&E Quality Service

Thanks
Tim Mize and his crew are just plain super. Knowledgeable, don't do more that is really needed, quick to point out options, super trouble shooters for electrical problems, fairly priced, and respect the MB brand, and have always stood behind the work they have done. I have been using them since 2000 to service my 1884 500SEC.

·
Registered
2004 S500 4Matic
228 Posts
Any reviews on The Car Place ?
If you look at the one Yelp review, they looked at a car that someone was going to buy, suggested against buying it and would not charge the person anything to do it. That's a pretty good recommendation right there.

·
Registered
81 380 sl, 95 e320
46 Posts
raleigh benz repair.

excellent shop... they fixed my car with no drama. i described the problem and they knew the most likely problem. cost was reasonable. what more can you ask..

·
Registered
81 380 sl, 95 e320
46 Posts
raleigh benz repair. a better wrench

excellent shop... they fixed my car with no drama. i described the problem and they knew the most likely problem. cost was reasonable. what more can you ask..
a better wrench - near duke - it is worth towing it to them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts