Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 GL 450
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to adjust the volume on the navigation system? My new GL is wonderful, however, I am having trouble hearing the directions when they are spoken. I have searched the book, and can't find any mention of controling the volume.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You can adjust the navigation volume by turning the radio volume knob while directions are being given. If you need to instigate the navigation voice to make the adjustment, press the repeat key and the last direction given will be repeated.

·
Registered
07 GL320 CDI Black/Mac
129 Posts
seems to be true for each different application of the phone...i have had to do that with the bluetooth phone volume as well...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any way of setting the default volume higher? The problem with turning the volume up is that the radio then deafens you when it comes back on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
daedalus26 said:
The problem with turning the volume up is that the radio then deafens you when it comes back on.

Are you sure? I thought adjusting the navigation volumne had no effect on the radio volume as they have separate independent settings. I will verify this next time I am in the GL.

·
Registered
2007 GL450, '12 Porsche Panamera, '96 F250 4x4 Powerstroke
229 Posts
abcd said:
Are you sure? I thought adjusting the navigation volumne had no effect on the radio volume as they have separate independent settings. I will verify this next time I am in the GL.
You're right, abcd. They are separate. You need to act fast, however, when adjusting the volume. Once the voice stops, the volume knob controls the radio again, so it's easy to adjust both volume levels with one turn of the knob.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
sheff528 said:
You're right, abcd. They are separate. You need to act fast, however, when adjusting the volume. Once the voice stops, the volume knob controls the radio again, so it's easy to adjust both volume levels with one turn of the knob.
You could always press the "repeat" button, then raise the volume.

·
Registered
07 GL320 CDI Black/Mac
129 Posts
my problem/complaint is IPOD kit volume is SO low, that i get blasted when i switch back to Radio-i guess radio ipod are in the same volume "loop" within COMAND.

·
Registered
Took Delivery March 30th, 2007 on a B/B GL450 P01 334 324 323 319 550 396
118 Posts
make sure your iPod is CRANKED...then hook it into the kit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts