Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
ML350
686 Posts
Thanks for the info, they are both very helpfull. The first option seems to be the less expensive way. My current DVD player does have the RCA aux in jacks (3) to hook up an additional source (game console, etc...) but I have no line in jack in the glove box so I would need to figure out how to get sound to the speakers. The second option sounds more expensive but of course I like the way it sounds.....
ok, if you have both the ipod and the RSE then what you normally do is to add in a switch to allow you to have the ability to switch between the ipod using the aux input and the new DVD/RGB switcher. You also have the option of purchasing an automatic switching harness for the ipod system (do a search for AASS switch in the forums). The AASS harness will automatically switch betwen external audio input and ipod when the ipod is unplugged. Otherwise you just have a little toggle switch in the glovebox next to the ipod cable and switch it to go to external audio in.

Finally some of the RGB kits have an external switch input wire that activates when the unit is switched to video input. If so then you can use that wire to activate an electronic switch to auto switch to the DVD. Any of thes solutions can be installed by your local stereo shop.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi, i'm very interested in this. I have 08' C300 with OEM Navigation/Ipod intergation/MM package. I would like to get VIM for my kids. What all do I need? any more additional wires? Where can I find instructions on how to install? I just want to get ready. Thanks.

·
Registered
2002 S500, 1993 Nissan 300zx
115 Posts
OK...I am very interested. I sold my CL500 (broke my heart to do so) and now I have a 2002 S500 and I want to do a back up camera (so I am guessing the digital interface 2.5 is the right one). If I wanted to make this happen, how much is my total price, and what do I have to do?

Randy

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
OK...I am very interested. I sold my CL500 (broke my heart to do so) and now I have a 2002 S500 and I want to do a back up camera (so I am guessing the digital interface 2.5 is the right one). If I wanted to make this happen, how much is my total price, and what do I have to do?

Randy
the total price would be $275

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.