Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 GLK350, 2003 C230, 2018 E43 1972 250C Coupe
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just the other day, I got a notice for an update to the navigation database. They want over $250.00, just for the update. :eek: For $100 or less, I could get a complete unit with the latest maps.

Is there any other option out there besides MB?:confused:

The more and more I use the COMMAND system, the less I like it. I hope the newer model coming out soon is a major upgrade.

·
Registered
2010 Black GLK - 4 Motion, Parktronic, Heated Seats, Keyless-Go, Prem./Sport Package, iPod & Media
16 Posts
Hi.... There are some groups on here that you can get into. These "buy" groups normally consist of about 15 people or so. They take the cost of the nav DVD and split it. The first person buys the update and then everyone wanting to take part in using it pays about $19 dollars (or so) and the DVD starts getting shipped around to each person in the buy group. (Pay via PayPal) As the DVD goes around, it is sent certified mail to the next person when you are done updating your system. I took part in this and it worked great! If you cannot find a group start one! It works! Lots of people out there are the same as you. Group buys are awesome and save money!

·
Registered
c350 2009 Black on Black
38 Posts
yes - Group buys are the way to go. Check the w204 forum where i believe a 3rd group buy is in progress and you may be ablew to get in on this.

I mention the W204 forum as the GLK is the same as the C350.

Good luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi.... There are some groups on here that you can get into. These "buy" groups normally consist of about 15 people or so. They take the cost of the nav DVD and split it. The first person buys the update and then everyone wanting to take part in using it pays about $19 dollars (or so) and the DVD starts getting shipped around to each person in the buy group. (Pay via PayPal) As the DVD goes around, it is sent certified mail to the next person when you are done updating your system. I took part in this and it worked great! If you cannot find a group start one! It works! Lots of people out there are the same as you. Group buys are awesome and save money!
it will be illegal in 10 years haha. highly recomended though. worked like a charm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts