Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me. I am new to owning MB . Never even got chance to use nav. haven't gone anywhere. Would like it to work ...just in case. @005 clk550 What does a grey screen mean. One time I pushed the button and it told me ai was in a congested area could not help. I was in Dr. parking lot. Thanks for reading, Fran

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,125 Posts
1. Do you have COMAND, with a large screen (left photo), or an Audio 50 radio unit, with a small screen (right photo)?

2. Is there a navigation map disc inserted into the nav reader? Your owners manual set should tell you where this is, and the disc should be specifically for navigation and not a music CD..

3. Have you ever gotten a map displayed when you selected navigation?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Do you have COMAND, with a large screen (left photo), or an Audio 50 radio unit, with a small screen (right photo)?

2. Is there a navigation map disc inserted into the nav reader? Your owners manual set should tell you where this is, and the disc should be specifically for navigation and not a music CD..

3. Have you ever gotten a map displayed when you selected navigation?

View attachment 2670713 View attachment 2670714
Yes there is a disc. I remember there was a map at one time I pushed Nav. but it was a map to somewhere I did not recognize. Since the screen went blank no visual on the screen at all. Everything was lit up when I got in the car my husband bumpted something and it stopped working. I tried what it said in manual but nothing. Can you suggest anything ?

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,125 Posts
I wonder if what he bumped ws the on/off switch for the display? COMAND it will have such a switch. possibly at the lower left or lower right of the screen. The button is labeled (it may say "On" or "PWR."

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,125 Posts
If other things (radio, etc) work, it sounds like a trip to the service department.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts