Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
ml430
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Nav. on my 2000Ml is not accurate. It was until I took out the Nav. disc to play an audio cd, but since it has not plotted my position accurately. It turns,etc... But it just shows me somewhere where I am not. Currently It has me about 1 mile from being accurate.
Any suggestions on what to check or do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Mark

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
GPS

It sounds like the GPS receiver needs to be re-initialized. The should be instructions on how to do this in the nav manual.

·
Registered
ml430
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lost Nav System

I just wanted to post this in case it helps someone else.
After my nav. had been acting crazy for a few weeks I started to check connections, etc...
When I started to loosen the Nav antenna the number of satelites I was receiving started to bounce around.
So I figured there was a bad connection between the cable and antenna. What was happening, and what caused this to happen was that moisture had found its way into the antenna, and between the antenna and body of the vehicle. I think it was not installed very well, but it could have just loosened over time?
I dissassembled the antenna down to the curcuit board(which was wet). I dried everything and removed some corrosion around the area that connects the antenna.
I then put it all back together and used some RTV around the rubber, and around the connection to the cable/roof. It has worked perfectly since then. I hope this may help someone!
mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts