1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All !
I have some Navigation Questions.

1) IN the new York area, i tried to drive from Brooklyn to A part of NJ which was about an hour away or so and my cd did not have that area because the streets were not there. Also, when i went to go home, the screen said something like "doesnt recognize your location".
Isnt that abit odd? we were in a town, not the wilderness.

2) If i want to go to Rhode Island, how do i do it? Do i put in my NY CD? Because i wont be able to type in the Rhode Island address because the map wont have it. ANd i dont know the farthest town in NY before changing to the NEXT CD. Cant MB make the entire continent on ONE CD like BMW does? ? ? ?

Is there something i dont know about? Please help!
CHUCK, you must know about this. Ever have this issue??

brad

·
Registered
2004 S 430 4MATIC
23 Posts
Here's how to do it on my M class MCS

Start the system with the cd with your curent location in the drive. Then switch to the cd that has you destination. now you can input the address of your destination.

Once you press OK the system will ask you to insert the other cd, a message like (please insert cd 7) will appear. Then the cd rom canculates the entire route , keeping the part from the first cd in memory.

It actually works pretty well. I don't know if you have to have all the cdrom sof the route, or just the beginning and end points, remeber a basic map of the entire US interstate system is on every cd.

usually I only move one region out, so I know that works fine, let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! wouldnt it be better if MB made a CD for the entire country?

I will try your ...

Thanks! wouldnt it be better if MB made a CD for the entire country?

I will try your method out, and let you know.

THanks tons for the response!
Brad

·
Registered
2004 S 430 4MATIC
23 Posts
They just started implemeting that.
The New NAV systems for the 2003/04 E and S class wil...

They just started implemeting that.
The New NAV systems for the 2003/04 E and S class will have a DVD nav system. Once Harmon Kardon gets its act together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts