Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
560SL, E500
110 Posts
It's able to have NAV and more.

I have a 2003 E500; installed a EURO COMAND with Nav, DVD in Motion, and Bluetooth. It all works seamlessly through steering wheel controls and instrument cluster.

·
Premium Member
560SL, E500
110 Posts
How much did that run you?
Check eBay. You can usually find a EURO COMAND for anywhere between $700 and $1000; the NAV DVD drive $300 to $500.

You can also check out MBDOCTOR.COM, they sell complete COMAND/NAV sets including all the necessary hardware and cables. It'll cost you more than if you find things separately on your own, but you do get it all at once.

Either way, the EURO COMAND is plug and play. Once installed, you access the ENGINEERING MENU and disable "Driver Distraction", which enables DVD in motion.

For the BLUETOOTH, all you need is the "Puck with Tail" (around $400). You can install yourself and then have vehicle Version Coded at an MB Dealer to recognize there's a phone installed.

·
Registered
2003 E500 Sedan
4 Posts
I also have a 2003 e500 and I read your thread about purchasing one from MBdoctor. I checked that site out and I don't see any EURO commands, only USA. Furthermore, it says auction bid and not purchase price so I am now a little skeptical about buying one. Is this site like Ebay?

JC

It's able to have NAV and more.

I have a 2003 E500; installed a EURO COMAND with Nav, DVD in Motion, and Bluetooth. It all works seamlessly through steering wheel controls and instrument cluster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts