Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML 430, (sold) 1990 350 SDL
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Hope you can help me out.

I bought a 2000 ML430 and it seems to have a newer DVD Navigation disc already included. I know it's newer because of the picture of a ML with newer headlights. The question is how old is this DVD disc??? And I thought the 2000 MCS used CD Nav discs???

I want to know because I was thinking of getting an update. There are not a lot of roads in my area on the maps and sometimes it says Im off the road-that's only once in a while though.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
You are correct, the 2000 used CD's. A previous owned obviously installed a DVD Nav. Believe it will say on the DVD the year of the disc. FYI, believe the change to DVD happened with the 03 model year.

·
Registered
2002 ML 320
23 Posts
There are only two versions of the Navigation DVD software so far.....2002 and 2004. If the DVD label is brown its 2002 and if the label is white and gray its 2004. I have a 2002 DVD myself and I'm trying to get the newer version for a better price than what the dealer is charging..$275 plus tax. I once saw it on ebay that got sold for 150.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your help. I checked the disc and indeed it was a 2002-1 disc. whatever the -1 means? I'm not sure what you mean by the previous owner "installed." Did he/she just insert the DVD or did they actually have to program it in there?

How much better are the 2004 discs compared to the 2002 discs?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought the 2004 version. It claims to have added a lot of new information, but I noticed the it does not zoom in as far as it used to. Some of the streets in my area witch names were on the map before have vanished. If you move the cusor to the street it does however give you the name. I seems that they have upgraded the visuals when you are following a trip route and come to a complicated intersection. I don't know about the voice , because I intalled it my self and have yet to get it version coded. [:)]

·
Registered
2000 ML430
657 Posts
raz42289 - 3/1/2005 9:14 PM

Hey guys. Hope you can help me out.

I bought a 2000 ML430 and it seems to have a newer DVD Navigation disc already included. I know it's newer because of the picture of a ML with newer headlights. The question is how old is this DVD disc??? And I thought the 2000 MCS used CD Nav discs???

I want to know because I was thinking of getting an update. There are not a lot of roads in my area on the maps and sometimes it says Im off the road-that's only once in a while though.

Thanks guys.
Your Navigation is CD Rom based not DVD based. You only have an updated CD Map.... A region Map number should be printed on your disk....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not retarted

I'm not retarted. I know the difference between a DVD and a CD. The disc says DVD and since I am an avid audiophile I have a great many CDs/DVDs/SACDs/DVD-As...etc

This is a DVD disc and not a CD disc and it has to be the DVD because it has the whole US and Canada.

·
Registered
2003 ML350
26 Posts
The previous person mentioned 'installed' because the year of your ML/NAV used CDs and not DVDs, so the previous owner obviously removed the CD player and put in the DVD unit you have now. The original for that year would not play the DVD and the CDs were part of a 10 CD set.

I'm searching for the new (v2004.1) myself. I had a 2005 loaner from the dealer with the new DVD it and for my area (NC), there has been a lot of growth and the new areas were on the DVD.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2000 ML430
657 Posts
RE: I'm not retarted

raz42289 - 3/2/2005 11:49 AM

I'm not retarted. I know the difference between a DVD and a CD. The disc says DVD and since I am an avid audiophile I have a great many CDs/DVDs/SACDs/DVD-As...etc

This is a DVD disc and not a CD disc and it has to be the DVD because it has the whole US and Canada.
Ok..... Mr "I'm not retarted" It is spelled RETARDED... No one here called you retarded. Just trying to help because YOU ASKED!! I will know better next time to put you on the ignore when I see your questions.[}:)]
Have a good day!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wasn't being cruel or mean, I was just making a statement. And to clear things up I know that retarded is the correct spelling. Retarted is the spelling of the insult for calling people dumb. Retared and retarted are totally different.

Sorry dude, I didn't mean for you to take it that way. Please forgive me.[:)]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts