Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 - CLK 350 (coupe)
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any help or advice please:)

So...for the past couple of weeks randomly in the middle of using my navigatin dvd suddenly the screen will say something to the capacity of "Check Navigation DVD, Cannot Read DVD". So I take it out and put it back in and it will work just fine...but lately it has been doing it more frequently. Now I can't even punch in a complete address before it says the message again.

My CD...oooo weeeee has some scratches...couldn't believe it! So I am looking to buy a brand new Navigation DVD. But has anyone had this issue before? Should I get a CD Cleaner and try that until I buy the new disc? I am in Miami now, just got here Sunday from NY...and I can not do much because my navi disc just cuts out.

Advice please :D

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350
3 Posts
I had a problem where I would get that error message on start up or sometimes it would take forever to load. I was able to make a copy of the DVD using a Blank DL DVD and now when I insert the copy into my navigation, I no longer have the problem.

·
Registered
2005 E55 AMG; 2005 CLK 500 (sold)
67 Posts
I have this problem as well...I would suggest buying the CD/DVD laser lens cleaner first and trying that. It is not that expensive and could fix your problem. if that doesnt work, you might need a new nav DVD but from what you say about the disc, the lens in the player might need cleaning. hope that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
how use CD/DVD laser disk

I have this problem as well...I would suggest buying the CD/DVD laser lens cleaner first and trying that. It is not that expensive and could fix your problem. if that doesnt work, you might need a new nav DVD but from what you say about the disc, the lens in the player might need cleaning. hope that helps.

I have same problems, i just purchase cd/dvd disk for laser clean, how this will operate? i installed disk in drive and no action, message: NO DISK IN DRIVE

·
Registered
2005 CLK 500
122 Posts
I have same problems, i just purchase cd/dvd disk for laser clean, how this will operate? i installed disk in drive and no action, message: NO DISK IN DRIVE
Got the disc with the little brush on one side??? It doesn't have any tracks on it, so the player will not recognize it. This is normal. When a disc is inserted, the player will spin it up and scan the entire disc for a track. While this is happening, the little brush is passing over the laser lens and cleaning it. After you insert the cleaning disc and it does its thing, remove it and try a music/nav disc. You're problem should be resolved. If not, insert the cleaner disc again. I've even put cleaning fluid on the brush on the disc for stubborn players. Just make sure you use a gentle cleaner, as many laser lenses in players are plastic and harsh cleaners will cloud them and make them useless.

·
Registered
2 Posts
again problems with DVD NAV

Got the disc with the little brush on one side??? It doesn't have any tracks on it, so the player will not recognize it. This is normal. When a disc is inserted, the player will spin it up and scan the entire disc for a track. While this is happening, the little brush is passing over the laser lens and cleaning it. After you insert the cleaning disc and it does its thing, remove it and try a music/nav disc. You're problem should be resolved. If not, insert the cleaner disc again. I've even put cleaning fluid on the brush on the disc for stubborn players. Just make sure you use a gentle cleaner, as many laser lenses in players are plastic and harsh cleaners will cloud them and make them useless.
I made like you instracting but no results, again" CAN'T READ NAV DVD.CHECK DVD", what is solution ?

·
Registered
2005 CLK 500
122 Posts
I made like you instracting but no results, again" CAN'T READ NAV DVD.CHECK DVD", what is solution ?
If the cleaner disc doesn't work, the first thing you should try is a different disc. If you still get the error, then the problem is with the head unit. You will need to repair or replace it. I think there are some links on this site for repair options. If not, just Google "Mercedes Stereo Repair".

·
Registered
13 Posts
your navi disk is stratched... unless you want the entire navi disc set (i.e. for all of US and canada) since MB only sells the discs in packs of 10, you can check ebay... picked up a navi disc for canada for $20 a few months ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.