Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just bought a 2007 ML 350 but it had no Navigation Disc. Does anybody know the part number for the disc I need. There are a lot on Ebay and I am not sure which one to buy. Also do all the discs have all of the US on them or is there specific ones for certain regions, I am in California.
Thanks

·
Registered
2006 ML350
612 Posts

·
Registered
2006 ML500
42 Posts
Don't waste your money on the DVD (unless you can find a great deal like BigKutta). Do a search and you'll find many threads proving this is the most useless POS system in existence and absolutely embarrassing for a luxury SUV of this class to have. Invest that money in one of those portable PNDs. Even the nav. feature on my cellphone outperforms this system.

benzdad73

·
Registered
2006 ML350
612 Posts
Don't waste your money on the DVD (unless you can find a great deal like BigKutta). Do a search and you'll find many threads proving this is the most useless POS system in existence and absolutely embarrassing for a luxury SUV of this class to have. Invest that money in one of those portable PNDs. Even the nav. feature on my cellphone outperforms this system.

benzdad73
LOL, benzdad!!!! While I agree with you, It's a waste to not utilize the the system that's already in the car...it at least performs basics functions :)

·
Registered
2006 ML350
612 Posts
No, the version is now 2008.

Part number is BQ 646 0241
Quite sure this is even available on ebay (in case you want to get it for less than $199). Given the lack of improvements that are in incremental versions, I would say go for a 2007.1 as you will get one for a good price on ebay (if you have patience.

·
Registered
'09 ML550, '12 BMW 650i Cab (lucky wife)
757 Posts
I know I'm just venting. :D
Maybe it's something to do with my having an '09, but I think the NAV system is actually quite good. I don't use it for plotting main highways, but rather for finding the destination when I get to the general area. It hasn't let me down yet.

Mine is hard-disk based, so entering the destination address is obviously faster than on older models, but other than that it is presumably much the same as yours.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Guys,

I'm getting ready to purchase (today) a 2007 ml320 cdi. it is cpo, but i wanted to see if the dealer will throw in a new nav dvd. i am assuming from this thread that it has been updated. i also assume that b/c it's cpo, they would not necessarily update the dvd, right?

thanks in advance for the advice.

·
Registered
2006 ML500
42 Posts
Hey Guys,

I'm getting ready to purchase (today) a 2007 ml320 cdi. it is cpo, but i wanted to see if the dealer will throw in a new nav dvd. i am assuming from this thread that it has been updated. i also assume that b/c it's cpo, they would not necessarily update the dvd, right?

thanks in advance for the advice.
With CPOs, anything could happen...if you ask nicely, but do get agreement before you sign the paperworks. To the dealer, it really doesn't matter much because they can easily pull one out from other CPOs on their lot (unless they don't have another one of course). I bought a CPO 2006 ML500 last year and it only came with the '05 DVD. The dealer did promise to give me an updated version (but it was after the deal was done). Needless to say, they did not follow through with the promise but I didn't waste my time chasing them because the nav is crap anyways. I went back to my Garmin shortly after.

benzdad73

1 - 13 of 13 Posts