Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2002 Ml 500 with Navi.

I bought the car back in November and Nav was working great until January. I was driving in an unfamiliar area and entered in the address of where I wanted to head to and it had me going in the wrong direction and kept "recalculating" itself.

So, now when I try to use the Navi it things I'm going the opposite direction than I really am going (eg. I'm heading North it thinks I'm heading South), however it does show my progress as I move it just looks like I'm driving backwards on the screen.

Is there anyway in which to reconfigure the compass portion of the Navi? Is there something in the settings?

Any help, much appreciated!

Benzdude000

·
Registered
2002 ML320
1,951 Posts
So wait... are you saying that the compass arrow is pointing in the opposite direction you are going? Or the actual "position arrow" in the center of the screen is pointing in the wrong direction?

·
Registered
'00 w163 55 amg (sold) '02 w208 55 amg '03 w163 350 inspiration
711 Posts
do a search on this forum for this issue; read many X's myself but remember that it basically sounds like it needs to be recallibrated. did you just buy it? been on a flatbed? moved or towed over a great distance? how many satellites do you pick up now? if low amount or none, the antenna is a good place to start. also, eject disc. let it set for a while on OFF. park outdoors. turn on. reinsert disc away from tall structures. let it find the sat's. when you start to see 5,6 to max 8 you are good. some have taken over a couple of hours to get it right. unless of course, you want to continue driving into the ocean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts