Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
03' SL500
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the MB nav system, can and how can a destination be entered when it is outside the area of the local loaded cd? How will the route be calculated and what will the cd load sequence be? Thanks Glenn

·
Registered
03' SL500
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Negative on any response from anyone in this group. With all the Nav units and users, I would think someone out there would be able to give a response....

·
Registered
2001 C320
247 Posts
I have nav, but I only use it when I am showing off my car to someone. I feel a lot of people have nav, but don't use it, like myself. But then again, I have not sat down to read the thick manual that came with nav. Oh well.

·
Registered
03' SL500
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This weekend went on extended trip cover 2 cd area. Using the start point cd I was able to zoom out find destination via map input and mark destination general spot. I traveled 120 miles on starting cd with full detail. When leaving cd area ( no verbal command to change cd, only loss of detail) I switched over to next cd. New destination via address was plotted and reconfigured. No problem, just a two person job if you want to keep rolling. On return trim I entered original starting point as destination and repeated process of changing cd's. Not the best but workable. I still prefer my Garmin portable gps for ease of use.
Glenn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts