Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

I could not find any threads that answer my question - "is the NAV volume adjustable?"

I know how to set up the audio (music) to mute but I cannot find any means to change/adjust the NAV volume. It seems to be one setting no matter how loud/quiet the music is... When I drive with the top down on the highways, it is almost imposible to hear what the NAV says due to the wind and road noise... Is everyone having the same problem? Is there any means to adjust the volume?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
SLK350
9 Posts
This may be ridiculous, but the only way I found it possible to change the volume of the navigation is to adjust the volume when it speaks. That is when it says something like "turn left in 500..." I adjust the volume. It doesn't seem to adjust the music volume at that point. Pretty intuitive huh?

·
Registered
06 M5, 07 RS4, 07 ML63
654 Posts
yes, and when the nav has a destination entered, you can always hit the repeat button to make it talk as often as you wish to allow you to adjust the nav volume to your liking. The hands-free phone volume works the same exact way... it's only adjustable when I'm on a call. Makes sense. Volume fine-tuning in practice.

·
Registered
slk 55
366 Posts
You don't even need to have a destination entered... press the RPT button and adjust the volume while the nav system is saying "Navigation system is not active". Keep pressing the RPT button and adjusting the volume until it is to your liking.

·
Registered
'08 SLK 280
133 Posts
The COMMAND manual confirms this. Adjust the volume for the NAV while it is speaking. This will not affect any other audio source playing at the same time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts