Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 E350
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an '08 E350, CPO from MB dealer. When I looked at the Nav disk, it says BQ6 46 0223 which means it's a 2006.2 version. Do I need a service disk update in order to use the newest update? Also, has anyone found a reliable Torrent for this update disk, or anyone selling one?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI, 2009 ML320 Bluetec, 2009 GL320 Bluetec
1,476 Posts
Get a Garmin Nuvi and a lifetime update subscription, same price as the POS database they try to sell you.

The MB database is watered down and tailored to what some marketing agency thinks you would be interested in vs the full boat available in a Nuvi.

The funniest part is that the databases both come from Navteq!

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,984 Posts
I am on the road right now, and just 40 miles away from Madison WI and about 160 miles
from the Twin Cities in MN. As I got to the resort the convention is at in the parking lot
the MB Nav told me in 1/4 of a mile turn by turn was no longer available. What a joke.
My Garmin has been been on the same route in the ML and never went into an unmapped
area on the database. I am not going to give MB or Navteq a dime for an update disc.
I guess I am just going to get another Garmin for the W211 when I am on the road in
the boonies. And by my standards the corridor between Madison and the Twin Cities
is far from being in the boonies. It is a very active area. I was really sort of shocked
that 1/4 mile west of my current location does not even show roads on the MB Nav.

·
Registered
6 Posts
here's a question.. how do i change the nav so it doesn't do the annoying "1000-1600 Market St." (for example)? and not only take me to the beginning of a street and have me guessing for a mile on where it is i'm going :confused:
who's idea was that?

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,984 Posts
Version 9 is the latest one. I stopped at version 8 because version 9 has no real
improvements for my state.

·
Registered
2007 E350 4MATIC
45 Posts
I went on Ebay and purchased V.9 for $75.00, which included shipping. Don't waste your money buying in through your local MB Dealer or NAVTEQ for $259.00

1 - 9 of 9 Posts