Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
slk350, iridium silver, ash interior,sport, light, sound, airscarf, wood interior,COMAND package
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the COMAND but without the Nav. It is still possible to have it install right??? For those of you who have had the Nav long enough i.e. more than two or 3 months, do you like it? Is it worth it? How accurate is it? Is it user-friendly? I am looking at the Magellan Roadmate 700 portable but it is almost $1000 so am thinking about getting one install, if possible, to work with the COMAND. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
I thought NAV came with the COMAND unit. Well, it's a separate drive that's placed in the trunk. If the wiring's already there, it might be a simple installation.

·
Registered
350 SLK
35 Posts
You can have the dealer add Nav as long as you have Command. It costs an additional $1200 in the US. Since it was the same price as ordering it directly, I only ordered Command knowing I could add it later if I wanted it.

Bill

·
Registered
2005 SLK55
45 Posts
I love my NAV system. It gets me around San Francisco without a problem; in fact, I was really suprised that it had an accurate map of San Francisco International Airport terminals. Though the map updates runs ~$300 I'd figure if it saves me 2-3hrs of lost time over the year I'm in the black on the investment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts