Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Caspian Blue SLK350
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a problem with increasing the volume for just the Nav with out increasing any other audio. I came across support posts that I thought would be great to republish. Evidently the solution is not clearly published by Benz and some of the Sales folks think the volume is preset with only the fad to be adjusted. Once again this forum has provided excellent guidance. Thank you.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=20934&posts=7&hl=nav+volume

The solution states to set a destination and proceed to invoke the NAV to proceed with the destination. Helga, the voice comes on and starts her speech. Hit the repeat voice button under the NAV screen. Keep on hitting the voice button and while she is speaking raise the volume. This must be done while she is speaking.

You’re done!!
[:)]

·
Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
788 Posts
Pg 30 and 127 in COMAND manual describe this some.

Audio (i.e. radio, CD, DVD, MP3) and Nav and Tel all have independent settings for Vol. Also Nav and Audio have independent settings for Bass, Treble, and Balance controlled within the setup menus. Tel might, but I couldn't find it.

As stated the Vol must be adjust while that function is making sound (either Audio, Tel or Nav).

For instance for Nav you might want the balance all the Left, so she's talking mostly to you and not scaring your passenger (for LHD cars, i.e US).

Also, in the setup menus you can choose how much (if any) Nav fades the Audio signal when talking.

·
Registered
2007 GL320 CDI, 2005 SLK350 and 2001 SLK320
328 Posts
Now if we could just give Helga a more pleasant voice.

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
mbslk350 - 3/21/2005 10:32 PM

Now if we could just give Helga a more pleasant voice.
Here you go. Although the chick want stick and you lose your Nav presets.
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1193579&posts=27&hl=british+chick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts