Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Sold that POS 2010 E-350 Sport P2
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even in night mode the screen is a bit too bright for me on my 2010 E350 Sport. Is there any way to lower the brightness in night mode? I suspect the screen is backlight and I am hoping there is a way to lower the backlight level.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,426 Posts
Even in night mode the screen is a bit too bright for me on my 2010 E350 Sport. Is there any way to lower the brightness in night mode? I suspect the screen is backlight and I am hoping there is a way to lower the backlight level.
Which head unit do you have?

At the system settings menu you should have an option to set the display brightness (you should have figured this when you tried the night mode, perhaps it cannot be tuned to your preference).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nav brightness in night mode

Yes, the menu allows selection of day, night, and auto modes. In night mode, the overall brightness of the screen is just too bright still for me to clearly observe the road. I end up using the speedo nav area for guidance and turn off the screen. Hopefully, there is a means to lower the backlight level in night mode without affecting the day mode brightness, which I find to be very good. I find it odd that I have ready access to control the guage illumination, but that the nav screen brightness is not adjustable as well. Almost all other LCD screens have a means of adjusting the backlight level.

·
Registered
118 Posts
PJMoore
It's not an easy to find adjustment but here it is:
On Command Display, Go to "Systems" press Control button on Console, Go to "Settings", then go to "Display", then go to "Brightness". Be sure to press the Command button on console to enter the adjustment mode. From there you will see a sliding display on the right side of the screen that will allow you to adjust the total illuminance of your Command Display brighter or dimmer.
Good Luck and let me know how it works out for you.
My car was also too bright after all the adjustments that you made, so I figured there had to be a way to adjust the total illuminance. So, one day while I was waiting for my wife at a store, I started nosing around that Command Unit. And Hocus Pocas Allakazamm, I found it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FS nailed it

Thank you FS! it worked exactly like you said. Mine was set on its highest brightness. I turned it way down and it works great.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too think the night time display is dangerously bright.....I already found the control mentioned (I only just bought a MB :) ) but dimming that control makes the display too dark during daytime......surely we shouldn't have to adjust that every day / night ???

·
Registered
2014 E350 4Matic - Palladium Silver, Sport , 18k miles........
748 Posts
PJMoore
It's not an easy to find adjustment but here it is:
On Command Display, Go to "Systems" press Control button on Console, Go to "Settings", then go to "Display", then go to "Brightness". Be sure to press the Command button on console to enter the adjustment mode. From there you will see a sliding display on the right side of the screen that will allow you to adjust the total illuminance of your Command Display brighter or dimmer.
Good Luck and let me know how it works out for you.
My car was also too bright after all the adjustments that you made, so I figured there had to be a way to adjust the total illuminance. So, one day while I was waiting for my wife at a store, I started nosing around that Command Unit. And Hocus Pocas Allakazamm, I found it.
I wonder if the instructions you gave here also apply to a 2014 E350? I find my night brightness is too bright also and usually just turn it off.

thanks

·
Registered
2014 E350 4Matic - Palladium Silver, Sport , 18k miles........
748 Posts
Well I was able to turn down the brightness, however it also turns down the brightness of the gauges at the same time. To bad Mercedes doesn't differentiate between the command screen and the gauges.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts