Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 E430 Sprt/w W211 wheels
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, now I know this is discussed in the past but just tell me on here that is Nav retrofit worth it and easy on the W210, I just visited the junkyard to get a jack point cover(AMG) and the sunroof shade, but that E320 also had NAV unit with AUX cable which was so tempting, I almost want to go again and get the whole unit along with the double din trim, I think everything would be less than $100, so is everything just plug and play? Any different harnesses that are missing on my current one without NAV?

·
Registered
1998 E320s sedan and wagon
1,040 Posts
How current are maps for such a unit?

Sixto
98 E320 wagon 197K miles

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I honestly don't know, I assume they must have updated the disk in it but I would mainly want it for the AUX jack. What do you say? Is the swap worth it for roughly $100? I would probably sell off my old parts like the regular radio and trims and recover the money... but how easy do you think the swap is overall, I read some stories on having to reprogram the ECU using Star to make the system believe it has a Comand and also needing a couple extra wiring harness plugs. But if it's easy to pull the parts out of that parts car and transplanting them on mine, I might go ahead but let me know how I should go about it, would you do it if you had access to these parts for cheap?

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG Sedan
1,196 Posts
I dont know about everything that would be involved in the conversion but you know you could also send out your radio to have an aux input installed right?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that would be an easier option or even get one of those plugs and play kit that plugs into the CD changer port. I don't think I will waste money and a few hours of labor to retrofit a outdated Comand, I will probably lose steering controls as well and it probably won't work perfectly like ones that came fitted the it from factory, I will probably save the $$ for future maintenance and repairs. It's a really nice car just the way it sits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts