Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
MB C280 Sport
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 C280 Sport (bought it in January, 39k acutal miles!). I am interested in installing a MB Nav system. I have read the article on the 2000 ML install into an E-class, but have a number of questions before I proceed.

My C280 has the Bose audio system with the CD Changer. From what I have read, this system is pre-fiber, so that should make things easier. How does the Bose system affect the retrofit?

I have been checking on-line for the MCS and Nav drive and also looked at the European Command 2.0. The prices I have seen on the MCS and nav drive are not in-line with what the E-series retrofit article states. Does anyone have a good source for these components? In regard to the European version, will the navigation work here in the US? I know I will have to purchase the appropriate CD for my region, is there anything else I need to know? I am aware that I probably won't be able to receive good AM reception, however I can live with that since the Euro command has Video inputs for a DVD, which I would like to add. I also understand I need a CANBUS simulator in order to prevent the system from shutting off after 30 minutes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, from simple advice to step-by-step instructions.

Attachments

·
Registered
W211/W210 Estate /W209/W208
1,970 Posts
I have a 1996 C280 Sport (bought it in January, 39k acutal miles!). I am interested in installing a MB Nav system. I have read the article on the 2000 ML install into an E-class, but have a number of questions before I proceed.

My C280 has the Bose audio system with the CD Changer. From what I have read, this system is pre-fiber, so that should make things easier. How does the Bose system affect the retrofit?

I have been checking on-line for the MCS and Nav drive and also looked at the European Command 2.0. The prices I have seen on the MCS and nav drive are not in-line with what the E-series retrofit article states. Does anyone have a good source for these components? In regard to the European version, will the navigation work here in the US? I know I will have to purchase the appropriate CD for my region, is there anything else I need to know? I am aware that I probably won't be able to receive good AM reception, however I can live with that since the Euro command has Video inputs for a DVD, which I would like to add. I also understand I need a CANBUS simulator in order to prevent the system from shutting off after 30 minutes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, from simple advice to step-by-step instructions.
The Comand Can Be Installed in your car...Talk to Scorchie on this board...He did it on his C43
Yes The EURO comand works here in the states
Please contact Steve @www.MBenz.nl for prices

1 - 2 of 2 Posts