Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
W208
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched around and couldn't find out what lip kit this was and I'm sorry if the owner of this car has a problem of me posting it up, if you do let me know I will be glad to take it off even though it's a sexy car [:D]. Well if anyone can identify this kit and where I can purchase it please let me know or a replica carlsson kit for a good price without waiting a month or so let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
1999 CLK 320
149 Posts
I think that might be the erunubi (<-spelling?) add-on kit. The front and rear are just lips and the side skirts are just kind of square looking. If that's it then good news, that's the cheapest of all kits at about $700.

·
Registered
W208
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lz_clk - 3/17/2005 12:27 PM

I think that might be the erunubi (<-spelling?) add-on kit. The front and rear are just lips and the side skirts are just kind of square looking. If that's it then good news, that's the cheapest of all kits at about $700.
Thanks lz_clk it was the erebuni lip kit. Best price I seen it go so far was $849 shipped. Where did you find it for $700?

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
You can call them up and bargain the price, some "third man" sells it cheaper than others. I must warn you though the quality is not that good.

·
Registered
W208
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lnguyenh - 3/17/2005 5:02 PM

You can call them up and bargain the price, some "third man" sells it cheaper than others. I must warn you though the quality is not that good.
Thanks for the advice. What's wrong with the quality? I know this company has been around for a while now..

·
Registered
///M
55 Posts
Yeh what is with Erebuni? their other kit for the CLK looks like a knock off AMG kit. Anyone know if this is the case? Also, what's it made out of? Im guessing FG.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think all their products are fiber-glass. Unfortunatly, the stuff seems too cheap to put on such a nice car. I upgraded my '99 to a 2000+ by purchasing a the lower body panels from the dealer. They were super cheap - all front, rear and sides for about $500. The car looks great now and I have genuine Mercedes items.

·
Registered
1999 CLK 320
149 Posts
Yeah, that's what I meant $850 shipped, I think I found it a while ago for $700 and then shipping was like $150. If you are really on a budget and know a good body shop this kit might be a good option.

The main reason the fitament might not be that great because its an add on kit. Add on kits usually have to be EXACTLY right, or you will be able to tell that its an add on kit because the part where the kit meets the bumpers might have gaps or be wavy, etc. It is better to get full replacement bumpers if you can. Other than that its probably an ok kit

·
Registered
W208
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well how bad can this lip kit be compared to a replica Carlsson RS kit? Aren't those made out of fiberglass as well? Because if it is then that will be more wavy and noticeable than the lip kit since those are full bumpers instead of add ons and who knows how the fitment on those will be. I'd rather have a lip a little off on my OEM bumpers than a FB aftermarket full bumper being off and also I don't want the paint to be a little off from the car..What is really holding me back from buying this kit is what you guys are saying about the quality of it but have you guys actually had experienced with this kit or a kit from erebuni on a different car?

·
Registered
1999 CLK 320
149 Posts
no experience with erenubi, but I've had experience with cheap add-on kits like this in the past. I've also had experience with getting full replacement bumpers and just in my personal experience the full bumpers looked much better. Don't be disappointed if the first thing you notice when you look at the car is that it looks like the bottom portion of the car is "tacked" on there. But hey, I could be talking out of my a$$, I've never used this particular kit. Either way, good luck!

·
Registered
W208
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What lip kits and full body kits have you dealt with that were good and not good? Any pics?

·
Registered
1999 CLK 320
149 Posts
They were not for my benz, they were for my previous car, a mustang cobra. No, I don't have any pics anymore, at least any close up ones...

·
BenzWorld Sponsor
CLK320 2005
473 Posts
is my brother car in Seattle :)

·
Registered
W208
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know he changed his kit to the carlsson kit. Do you know by any chance he still has the erebuni lip kit that he might want to sell? If not do you know where I can get the Replica Carlsson RS kit and not wait a month? The reason why I didn't want to get the RS kit is because of the wait but unless someone knows where I can get it faster than a month then I'm up for it, please let me know guys, I'm tired of looking at the 320 body..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts