Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
BenzWorld UNIMOG statesman
Unimog 404.1 Diesel (sold :( )1995 LMTV 1078
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post prompeted this little name game.

ok in the domestic US 4x4 world a pretty boy 4x4 that does not get dirty, who's main job is to make up for a short .... aaaahhhh ...... you get the point... is a

Mall Cruiser.

ok.... so what should we call a Unimog used this way? Post up your names.

I'll start us off with

Unismug

·
Registered
mogless, except for my friends MB4-94. And a bunch of other diesel junk.
2,512 Posts
soccermog

·
Registered
a couple round ones
1,303 Posts
I can't think of a fitting name for what you want..Mogs are Mogs. Its the operators you should be naming (ya that even includes the 50K (or whatever) mog that was on Goofbay with the floral interior)

Last year I flopped my mog/ left it overnight/drove it home the next day/ and a few day's later shined it up/ drove in a parade with the Classic Car Club and dropped my friends kid of at a graduation ceremony.
Mogs are Mogs...done up or not!
G Vavra

How bout for the operators ...............Uni-lumpen !!

·
Registered
unimog 406
402 Posts
This post prompeted this little name game.

ok in the domestic US 4x4 world a pretty boy 4x4 that does not get dirty, who's main job is to make up for a short .... aaaahhhh ...... you get the point... is a

Mall Cruiser.

ok.... so what should we call a Unimog used this way? Post up your names.

I'll start us off with

Unismug
dear coach
are all these names are all for my unimog :confused:

·
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dear coach
are all these names are all for my unimog :confused:
Nope.

Your comment linked spawned my idea to start a "general" thread on Mall Cruising Mog names that's all.

One can find "mall crusier" references thruout every 4x4 discussion board in existence. How one decides to label THEIR OWN is up to them and that's fine. Two banks of philosophies exist as you can tell by the responces in this thread. So what though... we all still respect one another. Think were beyond picking sides like in elementary school.

·
Premium Member
U1250L DOKA
709 Posts
You would really have to get creative to make a mog into an average mall cruiser.

Think about the offroad capabilities of the average mall cruiser. Now think of the mog. How would it be possible to cripple the mog to that level?

·
Registered
23 Posts
How about the trailer queens.......

I mean I know its not cheep to restore a vehicle---especially if done correctly--but to put all that money into a vehicle and never really have the joy of driving it---seems a bit sad---sort of like a shinny tomb stone.

·
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so far have not seen them put to; as some would call it; shame as trailer queens. They either get driven on occasion or driven more, oh so it seems to me.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Jekran, the fabricaton/machine work you have put into your Mog is quite impressive, which will make a few pics of it muddy and balanced on a ledge all the more worth posting. I could not imagine what a set of wheels like yours would cost to someone without access to the tools you have at your disposal. Nice work!!!

·
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
there is no specific "his" to this thread. Its just a generalized topic.

In reply to your s**t commnt... it is just as easliy said that:

Mog owner should not give a s**t about how someone else has labled/catagorized their Mog!!
Especially when its just a jestful poke in the ribs.

Lighten up fella's

1 - 20 of 31 Posts