Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that wasn't the most helpful answer I've gotten today... And it was the only one.
Like maybe it's a plastic hood smh

·
Registered
61 Posts
It's a hood for a 450SL or similar. I can tell by the shape of the metal, the hood badge, and the hood pad on the under side. I was under the impression that you already knew what it was and was just throwing out a fun question but after reading back through I see that maybe not.

You know, I'm getting paid for my answers around here. lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not plastic, magnetic sticks.
It's a hood for a 450SL or similar. I can tell by the shape of the metal, the hood badge, and the hood pad on the under side. I was under the impression that you already knew what it was and was just throwing out a fun question but after reading back through I see that maybe not.

You know, I'm getting paid for my answers around here. lol
Right on! Thank you. Yeah I truly am clueless about this & have been blindly searching trying to match by eye.
Any idea how to age it, or what years that model was made? Looked it up, beautiful!
Must sell it & need the info

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
'71-'80. So should I assume that it is interchangable with all years of the 750SL model?

·
Immoderately Caffeinated/ Vintage Moderator
T5
16,598 Posts
450. Hard to date but the earlier ones had metal badges I think. Late ones may have been changed anyway. Never assume anything about Mercs except they changed things year by year.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hood badges? Yeah, I don't know when they changed but that's what you get for that part now. Actually, they're not that bad and FAR less than the metal ones. Late hoods ( 380 - 560 ) are aluminum and maybe the earlier 5.0 liter 450SLC's but you won't run across those very often if at all. Early hoods are steel.

·
Registered
68 250S, 91 300se, 98 SL500, 450SEL 6.9, 14 CLS550 Past MB's; 300SD, 300E, 300TE, 190E, ML420
4,226 Posts
Benz Dr. said:

107 the cheap plastic hood badge is a dead give away

Decoded mean it fits a R107 chassis because the hood badge is made of plastic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts