Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 E350 CGI Avant Garde Sport, 2011 E350 Avant Garde Cabriolet
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrysler's Outtahere!

Well, it's finally over! The next issue will be over the fact that Dieter Zetsche wants the name to be Daimler A.G.

Why not Daimler-Benz A.G. like before???????

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
But why Daimler A.G. and not Daimler-Benz A.G.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
They should bring back DaimlerBenz.

·
Registered
34 Posts
DaimlerChrysler said:
But why Daimler A.G. and not Daimler-Benz A.G.
Does this mean you will have to change your user name? Straight up "Daimler" sounds strange. I think all 3 founders should have their name in there somewhere. (Karl Benz, Wilhelm Maybach and Gottlieb Daimler) It seems to me that Maybach (excluding the brand) has always been left out... Even using their last names, it would be a long name though I guess. Maybe that's why?

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Jayhawk said:
They're saving that last slot for Hyundai...
You’re aiming too high, Jay, try:

“Daimler- Chery”

Chery is (was?) Chrysler’s partner in China building small cars there.

Old habits (albeit bad) die hard.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
Will you be changing your screen name, also?

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
CoriolisSTORM said:
Does this mean you will have to change your user name? Straight up "Daimler" sounds strange. I think all 3 founders should have their name in there somewhere. (Karl Benz, Wilhelm Maybach and Gottlieb Daimler) It seems to me that Maybach (excluding the brand) has always been left out... Even using their last names, it would be a long name though I guess. Maybe that's why?
What about Mercedes, the daughter of Emil Jellinek? Her name should be there too!

Emil Jellinek, known after 1903 as Emil Jellinek-Mercedes (6 April 18531 January 1918) was a wealthy European entrepreneur who sat on the board of Daimler Motoren Gesellschaft ('DMG') between 1900 and 1909. He specified an engine designed there by Wilhelm Maybach for the first 'modern' car. Jellinek required naming the engine after his daughter, Mercedes Jellinek. The Mercedes 35hp model later contributed to the brand name developed in 1926, Mercedes-Benz, when DMG and Benz & Cie. merged into what is now among the largest car brands in the world. Jellinek lived in Vienna, Austria but later moved to Nice on the French Riviera, where he was the General Consul to the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy.

·
Registered
Classic 92 190E 2.6
4,235 Posts
DaimlerChrysler said:
Well, it's finally over! The next issue will be over the fact that Dieter Zetsche wants the name to be Daimler A.G.

Why not Daimler-Benz A.G. like before???????
Dieter Zetsche should be fired!!! He was in command doing the Chrysler deal!!! What has he done??? He cannot ever make a good TV ad!!!

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
bgoin said:
Dieter Zetsche should be fired!!! He was in command doing the Chrysler deal!!! What has he done??? He cannot ever make a good TV ad!!!
Which Chrysler deal? The acquisition or the selling?

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
YES! I WANT TO CHANGE MY SCREEN NAME! Tell me how????????

I've always thought that Chrysler was a stupid idea! I guess I was the only shareholder that voted against the merger!

·
Registered
96 and 08 911 turbos
2,988 Posts
Jurgen Schremp should take a couple shots to the balls.

Lets see, purchase for $36 billion, lose money for a couple years, let chrysler borrow engines, chassis, suspension/steering components, and then sell it for $7.5 billion.

Great move!

and I agree, it should go back to Daimler-Benz

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
bgoin said:
You are mistaken. Jürgen E. Schrempp was CEO at the time of the take-over and resigned from his position at the end of 2005. In an agreement with the board of directors and Schrempp, he terminated his employment with the company early (his contract ran through 2008). Schrempp has been blamed for the fall of the company's share price since Daimler-Benz's merger with Chrysler Corporation in 1998 of which he was the architect.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Aktiengesellshaft-Incorporated public held company

1 - 20 of 37 Posts