Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to toss this out to you all up in WA in the U.S. 2 Corridor. Let's get the Unimoggers together. I've had several people express a desire to go out on the weekend so I figured we should do Reiter Pit/Gold Bar, WA. So bring your Mog, friends and trail food and let's take on the N.W. backlands. There's crick crossings, lot's of mild to rock crawling rocks, sand, great views, snow, dirt, mud in some places. I realize some people don't go out because they are afraid of getting stuck and not having anyone to tow them out. But hey, if the jeeping crowd can get together every week then we can at least manage a meeting every couple of months. Summer is around the corner and there's some pretty cool stuff to climb and see.

Reiter Pit, Gold Bar WA-off of Rieter Road
Strateline ORV park, just west of Olympia, WA
Tannum -Exit 93 off of I-90 east of CleElum
Little Naches- off of Hwy 410-famed for Moonrocks ect. Great 4x4-This is a great place for a weekend event. (These last two you can get to quartz Mountain from either side of the range)

I've personally been to all of these...they are great offroad areas for 4x4's.

What say you?

Reiter Pit-Gold Bar, WA first week of May.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1983 U1200 (parted out), 1979 U1700L
891 Posts
Do you have actual dates in mind yet, OONIMOG and I might be up for that. Its not to far from BC so we might be up for the drive.

·
Registered
U1700 DOKA...SOLD
400 Posts
Would love to...can't do the first week in May but almost any other time would be workable.

Keep us posted

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about the May 9th, or the 16th 2009? this is the second/3rd week of May? There is 5 weeks in May. Just talked to Eric, in Sultan, WA. He said he would talk to his neighbor to see if we can meet in his field. We can always meet at the Sultan Diner/Cafe which is on the Left hand side. Sultan is only 5-7 miles from Reiter Rd. If this is a good couple of dates let me know. My cell is 425-737-7039. Once we decide on a date I'll put up details.

Charles

·
Registered
891 Posts
Those of us north of the border are planning some runs too, we are hoping to do the Whipsaw trail (Princeton BC) on the May long weekend (if the snow dose not stop us), and again in July. There are also other plans in the works, I will start a tread when we get closer to the trips.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mark from Marysville, 404S would like to go on the 16th!

I just talked to another gentleman here in the Marysville, Wa area. 16th is good for him. So that makes 2 404's, and 2 1250L's, 1 1700. Would the 16th be a good date for everybody?

SDO, would love to get together with you. Maybe we can all go up in the summer and run some runs with you.

I found a colored map of the Reiter Trails for everybody and I will post the link later.

It be neat to get about 8-20 mog's caravaning up to Reiter Pit area. If you can...call your friends who have Mogs', Pinz's, European 4x4's, Volvo's ect and invite them along.

Charles:thumbsup:

·
Registered
891 Posts
I have sent an e-mail off to the the other 6 guys in the Vancouver BC area to see if any more want to come along.

So if they all come its a U1200, 2 U1300, a U1300l37, a U100l, a 404, and a VW Syncro.

Edit: Syncro is out.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
May 16th, 2009 N.W. Mog Get together at Reiter Trails.

It sound's unanamous, May 16th, 2009 we will be going to Reiter Trails located in Gold Bar, WA. Reiter Trails is easy to get to. We will most likely be meeting up in Sultan, WA which is just 7 miles from Reiter Road.

From I-5, Everett, WA take US Hwy 2 East to Monroe, WA. Medium size town. Continue East 7miles to Sultan, WA. It's just 7 more miles to Reiter Road after you go through Startup and Goldbar. Once you pass the Fire Station on your left it will be the next left. If you head over the river you just missed the turn off.

I'm still coordinating a meeting place for us and a time. I'm thinking 9am.

So from Vancouver B.C. it's 134 miles to Sultan, WA. 3 hours at 60 mph.

As far as accomidations. I'm working on a list of places should you desire to stay overnight. There is many areas that are available including hotels in Monroe, WA if you desire to do so.

As far as equipment coming, it would be great to have 10-12 mog's up in this area. But hey if 30 vehicles show up then will have a ball.

My secret spot for the best coffee??? "The Java Cup" located in Snohomish, WA. They serve a mean cup of coffee!

Reiter Trails Topo Map Link: http://lastgreatroadtrip.com/myFiles/Reiter Trails Map.pdf

·
Registered
891 Posts
Looks like I screwed up the dates, Our Whipsaw (Princeton BC) trip is the weekend of the 16th (18th is a holiday up here), so none of us can make it, unless you change the date. Sorry about that.

·
Registered
1962 404, (sold now, saving for the next)
126 Posts
I'm in Olympia these days and currently mogless but if you guys find yourself in my area I'd love to show up and see the action. Gold Bar is a little far but I'd even consider driving up just to see the variety. My former 404 is still the only running mog I have ever seen up close.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Since Summer time is just around the corner....There will be other get togethers. I realize that alot of people don't use the forum who have Mog's so that's where you all come in. SDO said he would get back to me on other dates. We still have a standing date of the May the 16th @ Reiter Pit. I've also talked to a local gentleman who will possibly be a guide. I'ts one thing to get a jeep through a trail it's another thing to get a big 1700/1300 through the same trail. I was surprised how much my 404 could get through though even with a Radio Box. After we get back we could have a cook out weather permitting and possibly go up on a night trip/13 miles up the Sultan Basin road. There was still 3 feet of snow on the ground. I think it be also cool if we could meet up with the guys on the other side of the Border/Canada. Even though our schedules might not line up now we may be able to get together later say "WAlker Valley ORV trails" or any other 4x4 trails in the Northern-north of Mt. Vernon area!

Cheers. Thoughts?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Well I have heard back from one of the guys (OONIMOG) he and I are available any weekend after the 16th, so keep us in the loop, we would probably come down for the weekend and camp.

I will be starting a tread on our BC wheeling that is happening the weekend of the 16th.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well here is the latest for the 16th of May.

Just talked to Eric and he has approval from the neighbor that we can camp in his yard if you decide to come up the day of the 15th/night or stay over till the 17th of May. It's up to you. As far as directions...

From I-5 take the Hwy 2 Monroe/Wenatchee exit. Head East to Monroe. If your coming up from the South from Duvall, WA take Hwy 203 to Hwy 2. Turn Right on Hwy 2 and head East. From here you will continue East toward Sultan. Just as you head out of Sultan...You will see Sultan Basin Road on your left/Light. Turn left...Go approx. 1.3 miles to 121st and turn Right. The open field is on your left and a house at the top of the hill/corner/White is Eric's. Please RSVP if you need early or are staying later so we can make the appropriate accomidation space.

Other than that...We will be meeting @ 9 am at the Sultan Cafe and leave from there at 10am to Reiter Trails ORV park.

Can I get a count of who and what equipment will be coming or is planned on coming!!!:D

Also....Please be prepared with tow ropes/winches ect...in otherwords be prepared for anything. If you don't have a winch then bring a tow strap or a Unimog Pintle Bar so if you do get stuck we can get you out. Also...if you are airing down be prepared to air up too...You will encounter many different kinds of terrain. Please make sure your tires are up for the challenge of rocks, wet roots, mud, sand and dirt and possibly snow.

Weather...Since the weather can be inclement...be prepared for rain all though we do hope for sun.

Any questions...Ask Away!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts