Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1988 560SEL sold:
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea what these wires are?

1. A-Pillar driver side, there is a wire about 18 or 20 gauge poking out in between headliner and pillar moulding.

2. Under passenger seat. About the diameter of 75-Ohm coax cable. Closeup provided also - the thin white wisp is cat hair.

#2 I presume it was the cable that connected original carphone with the antenna (there is a remnant of antenna mount on trunk lid), but #1 I have no idea what that wire is doing up there[?][?][?]

Attachments

·
Registered
1988 300E '91 560SEL
137 Posts
That is where someone cut out the Cell phone. If you check the trunk you will find the other end of that coax most likely, if not there it will be near the top of the back windshield. The part over your sun visor was the mike for the speaker phone.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Yup..looks like old cell phone junk..Either remove it completely or cut it back to where it can't be found/seen anymore.

Jonathan

·
Registered
93 190E 2.6; 82 300 SD Turbo
1,678 Posts
Jessie - 5/1/2005 6:15 PM

That is where someone cut out the Cell phone. If you check the trunk you will find the other end of that coax most likely, if not there it will be near the top of the back windshield. The part over your sun visor was the mike for the speaker phone.

I never knew that! I always suspected that lil thing to be a sensor for the cabin temp or something, never would have guessed a cell phone mic, i wonder if it worked well. Gotta give it to Mercedes, ahead of their time.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Your arrow on the head linner is where I have the old biggo square micro phone. It is still there now. So I thing your mistery wire gotta be the micro phone cut out.
I leave it there because I want all original as much as it can be. My car is still original except for the glove box I added.

·
Registered
1988 560SEL sold:
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RNMB - 5/2/2005 3:55 AM

Your arrow on the head linner is where I have the old biggo square micro phone. It is still there now. So I thing your mistery wire gotta be the micro phone cut out.
I leave it there because I want all original as much as it can be. My car is still original except for the glove box I added.
Could I see some pics? I'm curious[:p]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts