Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbo
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1982 300D turbo, 200K+(?)

This is my first post as I am a new member but would like to thank everyone for such great info. I am new to Mercedes also, but have become a passionate admirere of these fine old ladies!

QUESTION... while chasing down some vacuum leaks, I removed my glove compartment and found two hoses facing each other that ended in mid air with a 6 or 8 inch gap. They appeared to have been connected at one time and there was some rotted material all over the inside of the the under-dash area. One was attached to the temperature sensor under the dashboard, and the other looked like it was heading towards the blower but I couldn't be sure. Any ideas if this is important and what it did? Thanks

·
Registered
1983 300Dturbodiesel
297 Posts
well i would guess it was the sensor for the climate control that controls the temp and ...

well i would guess it was the sensor for the climate control that controls the temp and volume of air it blows, the clmate control has the knob where you select a number for degrees celsius right?

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbo
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes... I have the dial type climate control. It works just fine.. sets and maintains temp very well. Just wondering what the hose does and why is there a gap... Thank you...

·
Registered
1983 300Dturbodiesel
297 Posts
is the hose in the car or in the engine compartment? behind the battery on mine there are ...

is the hose in the car or in the engine compartment? behind the battery on mine there are two hoses that just end, no idea what they are

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.