Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Vito 108CDI
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Whilst replacing the 'o' rings on my Vito fuel pump regulator I came across a plug (close to the fuel filter) that looks like it should go somewhere but it has me scratching my head, any ideas what this is for?

It is a 2003 (03) Mercedes Vito 108CDI

Many thanks for any guidance on this.

Attachments

·
Registered
Vito 114 tourer 2015: Vito 108d 97: 108d 98: Traveliner 2003 ; Aixam; z1100; xbr500; z440 ++++
2,390 Posts
it would appear to be the connector for a fuel filter with water capture.... the filter housing has a sensor to tell you when the filtered off water level is too high.

interesting to see a standard nut holding down the injector cover.... I've had to buy a set of "star" female sockets (10 point nuts and bolts) to remove mine..... they should be external torx (6 prong star) nuts and bolts

·
Registered
2003 Vito 108CDI
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply Malcolm,

I have looked around and cannot find where this would plug into, my 108cdi is not firing and won't start could this be something to do with it?

·
Registered
Vito 114 tourer 2015: Vito 108d 97: 108d 98: Traveliner 2003 ; Aixam; z1100; xbr500; z440 ++++
2,390 Posts
I attach a generic document on the fuel filter.

if the water seperator is fitted, it is ON THE BOTTOM of the fuel filter case.

you say you've changed the filter..... did you bleed the air out of the system?

its meant to be "automatic"... it never is and ANY air bubbles can cause the fuel not to pump and the sensors will shut the engine down.

the water seperator is on the first pdf

the other (bigger) pdf is a composite of service info on the fuel filter.... bleeding is covered on one of the documents

malcolm

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Vito 108CDI
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Malcolm,

Thank you again for such a detailed & informed reply. I haven't replaced the Fuel Filter yet, just the 'O' rings on the FPR. For the last couple of months since we had the continued cold weather the vito started to take longer and longer to turn in the mornings before firing. Until this morning it failed to start completely, after turning several times throughout the day, changing the 'O' rings and now with a dead battery I am at a loss really what the fix might be.

I'll see if I can find a socket tomorrow for that water plug, thank you for ending my mystery lol. All the best!

·
Registered
1 Posts
it would appear to be the connector for a fuel filter with water capture.... the filter housing has a sensor to tell you when the filtered off water level is too high.

interesting to see a standard nut holding down the injector cover.... I've had to buy a set of "star" female sockets (10 point nuts and bolts) to remove mine..... they should be external torx (6 prong star) nuts and bolts
Where do you buy? I can't because I don't have a bussines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts