Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am posting this question for my mom (who, god love her, barely knows how to read the manual much less log onto a forum:): her horn seems to be honking intermittently for no apparent reason. while i know this is probably a sympton of another problem, she wants to disable the horn until she can get up to the dealer next week (won't be a safety issue, she has other cars to drive she just wants the clk to stop honking in the garage).

is the fuse for the horn in an easy to get at location? thanks in advance for your help.

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
couple things about the horn...does it honk "for no reason" when she is in the car or not? the buttons on the wheel are really dull, and the horn is really sensitive, so when you turn the wheel, or press the buttons, or even rest your hand against the pad, the horn may honk. (i thought someone was honking at me everytime i adjusted the volume when i first drove the car). Also, is she tossing the keys into her purse? something may be pressing on the buttons (my mom does that). is the garage on an incline? she can try turning off the anti-tow alarm on the console above the NAV. The fuse for the horn is not by itself, so you can't disable only the horn.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
horn honks when its parked, not sure if when..

she's driving. i'll have to ask about the key fob, tho i think she leaves it in the car. not on an incline either. if the fuse is not an easy fix, i'll just tell her she'll have to put up with it 'til she gets to the dealer. thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2009 ML350
25 Posts
I assume that your Mom got her steering wheel fixed by now. I experienced the same problem about 6 months ago; the dealer replaced part of the airbag assembly and that took care of the problem. For others that may run into the same symptom, if the horn goes off when you use one of the steering wheel controls (like the radio volume), you can pull the airbag cover toward you and that will shut it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts