Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my wheels mounted yesterday and am impressed by the looks. I didn't have much to go on when I purchased the wheels, since most seem to like the LM5s for the Lorinser. Well here are the pics, hopefully that will be the last upgrade until the new grilles are unveiled. Let me know what you think about the look. Thanks to all those that helped me with the million questions I had.

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
Looks good, did you get the lorinser wheel mounting kit? Were those 18 or 19"? The RS5 kinda looks like the new E500 sport wheels but they still look nice. The only thing i don't like about it is the Lorinser logo on the edge it looks like curb rash from far away. What can i say i am biased toward my LM5's [:)]

ps i would think about getting the painted side markers from e v o sport.com, the smoked side markers stick out like a sore thumb to me especially on the silver paint.

·
Registered
CL
297 Posts
Castorpimp - 4/30/2005 10:43 PM

ps i would think about getting the painted side markers from e v o sport.com, the smoked side markers stick out like a sore thumb to me especially on the silver paint.
werd, i was thinking the same thing

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as the mounting kit, I had the spacers, but did not have the bolts.

These are the 18" RS5s. I saw the E500 rims, but they were too fat on the blades, plus the RS5s have a nice curve to them.

I will take a look at *, although the smoked fronts do complement the smoked taillights.

·
Registered
2001 SILVER CLK 430
750 Posts
You deffinately have a harder drop than my H&R's because my ride has the same gap with 19's. Yours must be lower since you got 18's. Beautiful ride bro.

·
Registered
Slow benz
1,961 Posts
Your car looks cery classy. I would also suggest the painted amber lights. In terms of the drop, I beleieve the overall diameter of the wheel/tire is the same with 19's or 18's so the fender gap should be constant (theoretically).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks qlsick,

There's a shop in Chicago that does the smoked rear lens by request. Since the car was then owned by the shop's owner he did it himself. He says that his shop is one of the few that do it. Let me know if you want the name of the place.

·
Registered
2000 CLK
383 Posts
i have an extra pair of rear lenses sitting in my garage , can you ask them if the would smoke it if i send it to them and send it back ... or if you can just give me the name and the # of the place , i can just call them myself ..thanks alot bro

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
http://www.smokinlights.net/

is this the guys company?

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
I don't think so. the "Contact us" said it was in texas. Listen to the jamz on the video...LAME-O lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the compliments,

The name of the shop that does the smoked out tail lights for the CLK is called BodyWerks. They are located in Skokie, IL and the number is 847-675-2639. Ask to speak to the owner, Larry Chachco. Not sure what he charges. He did a great job on the car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts