Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1985 500 SEL
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has had an intermittent idle problems since I purchased it. It usually has a high idle of between 1200 to 1500 rpms. Well today for no apparent reason, it now has a normal idle and the idle is smooth and steady. The only thing that I did was to check the wiring at the idle control valve in preparation to resolder the connections and for a possible R&R of the unit.

I am still going to resolder the connectors, but it is always great when something good happens for my W126.

Since I use my headlights as daytime running lights, blower usually running, and cd player running...I am going to upgrade to the 115 Amp alternator.

Plans are for this spring are to replace tie rods and center drag link plus alignment, transmission service, alternator upgrade, another monovalve replacement, install air filter bushings, replace all fuses, and resolder any possible cold welds, install headlight frame, install taillight, install new thermostat, and finally a/c service.

Long list but I looking to put in a lot of miles this summer, and I want everything to be perfect.

·
Registered
1985 500 SEL
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the new plan. I still haven't decided whether to go with the 8-hole or the 15-hole for the summer rims. Originally, I had planned on just leaving the 14" bundts but now I want to upgrade to a 15" rim.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts