Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
See pictures below. This is a project I've needed to get done for a while, and I decided today was the day. I had some banjo bolts that I ordered a while back since I remember reading something about them in the Modulator Adjustment tutorial. However, I realized today that hooking one up to the aquarium tubing wasn't going to happen. I tried hacking off the top of the bolt but decided I needed a 90 degree angle, and I was missing the round part where the tubing would attach. Not having a scrap car handy, I had to improvise.

At Lowes in the fasteners drawers I found a grease fitting (zerk) that was 90 degrees and had an M8 1.0 thread. I also grabbed a 1/4" NPT air hose chuck with a female end and an air hose plug with a male end. I got a pressure gauge right next to these (they're in the tools department). Then I went to the hoses and fittings section in the plumbing area and got a female barbed fitting to go into the aquarium tubing and attach to the air hose chuck.

At the shop on the drill press I drilled out the mini bearing and spring in the grease fitting until I hit the main ball bearing in the end. I cleaned this extremely well with air and brake cleaner. Then I attached the aquarium tubing to the nipple end and secured it with a hose clamp. The barbed fitting didn't need a clamp.

The setup appears to have worked according to the instructions on the Peach Parts tutorial. I noticed some change in the shift quality after the modulator adjustment, and with a slight tweak of the bowden cable I ended up with clean, crisp shifts. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I took some pictures today of my tester and clear photos of the underside of the vehicle. Hopefully this will help someone.

Wire Cable Technology Electronic device Electrical wiring

Gauge Tool Measuring instrument Brass Auto part

Metal

Fuel line Thermocouple Gauge Technology Wire

The adjustment for the vacuum modulator is the little toothed thing on top.
Close-up Technology Fashion accessory Turquoise

This photo shows the serial number. Mine did not need to be cleaned off.
Metal

This picture shows where to find everything when looking up at the transmission. The top of the photo is the front of the car.
Auto part

1 - 2 of 2 Posts