Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2007 SL550
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay in the scheme of things, this is small. But my 2012 E350 trunk is big, flat and empty, as I don't cart around a bunch of junk. But when I put stuff in there it slides all around, often dumping contents etc. I use the hooks whenever I can, but has anyone found a decent divider or method for keeping things in their place? One item I have to keep in the trunk, as it doesn't fit in the glove book, is the owners manual in the zippered case. Those darn cords on the side do NOT stay up and in place, ever, so the manual winds up escaping from the cords and sliding all over as well. I don't want it on the floor in the back seat either.
If you have found a product you have purchased please be specific so I can locate it. Ready for ideas. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1989 560SL; 2014 E350
1,504 Posts
I have different sized, shallow box-top lids that are used in stores like Sam's Club for displays of fruits and vegetables. I keep 2 smaller lids toward the front of the trunk which have safety items like flashlights, flares, a small blanket, etc. in one, and convenience items like an umbrella, lint rollers, clean rags, and reusable shopping bags in the other. The other two larger lids I keep toward the rear of the trunk. They're usually empty except when we go grocery shopping and I can easily stack 3 bags in each lid. Everything is neatly stored and remains contained.

The other thing that you might find useful if it's available for your car is the comfort box that was an option on my car. I've never used it, but it's there, up and out of the way if I ever wanted to. There's also an optional, divided Cargo Area Tray that I didn't get because I found it too obtrusive.

·
Registered
Learning about MB diesels Eclass
77 Posts
In another work life long ago I stored stuff in boxes that I velcro'd to the carpet. Stayed put

·
Registered
2014 E350 4Matic - Palladium Silver, Sport , 18k miles........
735 Posts
Take up golf. I have my trunk full of a bag of clubs and my folded push cart. Barely room for a couple of small grocery bags - nothings moves at all :)

·
Registered
2012 ,W212 Mercedes-Benz E Klasse
642 Posts
I have been using folding box and another box (non folding one ) for market purchase . I recommend them , I don't have comfort box because it would drastically reduce the trunk space yet it would not take as much as things as folding box

·
Registered
1989 560SL; 2014 E350
1,504 Posts
The Cargo Box which I mentioned above certainly does reduce the truck capacity. It's strange I have both the box and the cargo net and have never used either.

·
Registered
2007 SL550
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jeez that Comfort Box is 260 bucks!
I found in Car & Driver an ad for Weather Tech who makes a Cargo Tech Cargo Containment System, which looks like it will work well. It cost 34.95 if you're all interested.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

·
Registered
1999 E320, 2003 E320 Wagon, 2005 C230K SS, 2010 Accord LX w Eibach & Koni FSD's
2,343 Posts
Mostly I use shallow boxes/lids from Costco. I also have these:

WeatherTech® CargoTech® Cargo Containment System | WeatherTech.com

They work fairly well. Only con is they don't nestle/stack together when not in use and takes up a lot of space if you have a small trunk.

They come in a set of four. I put two each in my cars and just block things against the side of the trunk.

·
Registered
1989 560SL; 2014 E350
1,504 Posts
Mostly I use shallow boxes/lids from Costco.
That's exactly what I was referring to in my earlier post, and they work much better (for groceries, etc.) than either the Cargo Box or the Cargo Net. Both of those cost me extra money and I've never used either. The Comfort Box is particularly awkward and cumbersome to use and takes quite a lot of space, even when it's not being used. BTW, the only difference between my two shallow boxes/lids and yours is that I got mine from Sam's Club because I don't have a nearby Costco.

·
Registered
2007 SL550
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone. I bought a trunk organizer on-line from Walmart, picked it up at the local store. Cost me $11.78 and it works fine.

·
Registered
2014 E550 4 Matic. P2 pano roof AMG pkg integent LED Parktronic lane &aside assists 23,450 miles key
37 Posts
For the side netting make you slide them all the way up and they lock inplace. I have had no problems using them

1 - 18 of 18 Posts