Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'75 421
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Gaggenau Unimog Musem 2007

Hi All,

On a business trip to Belgium this past sumer I took a short (5 hour) drive to Gaggenau, and spent the weekend. I went to the Unimog museum and took their driver training. The people were great an the scenery was awesome. I have posted some pix of the museum and the greater Gaggenau area. I was waiting to post until I had written the chronicle's of my trip, but the pix really tell it all and the timing is good. If you are going and have any questions Id be happy to share what I know. It was a great trip, and if I can conjer up an (even closely resembling) business trip to see this event I will do it.

Ken

Picasa Web Albums - Ken - Unimog Museum...

Picasa Web Albums - Ken - Gaggeneau Ger...

·
Registered
1989 Unimog U1400
108 Posts
Great Pics what tips did you pick up from driving school. Love to hear what you learned that could help us all.

·
Registered
1981 U1300L
1,302 Posts
yup, great photos from the fatherland. i also would love to hear about the driving school. what was covered, equipment used,cost, ect....sounds like a hoot! i recently went to a school designed for the bmw gs1200... i was really impressed how much i learned, and how it altered my level of riding enjoyment.

·
Registered
68 404 ambulance
36 Posts
Planning a trip soon myself, but a little nervous since I speak not a word of German. Are the exhibits translated into English? or should I just nod my head and smile pretending to understand like I did thru college.

·
Registered
63 UNIMOG S404.115
116 Posts
Planning a trip soon myself, but a little nervous since I speak not a word of German. .
We have a bit more time so we have been learning basic German (slowly) to show we have made some effort. Doesn't matter where you travel in the world, if you can learn even a few local words it's appreciated. :)

I believe that the MOG museum staff have significantly better English then my German. So far everyone we have contacted in Germany has had better than adequate English so we'll be saved if our efforts fail.:eek:

·
Registered
Hover, Bike, Mog
388 Posts
When are people going? It's a mere 700 miles road + 24 miles sea from here, and I'd like to go.

The times I've been to germany, I've practiced my very limited german and it's been appreciated, but the standard of english is excellent. Germans are lovely, and smoke the thickest roll up cigarettes you'll ever see.

have fun,

jim

·
Registered
63 UNIMOG S404.115
116 Posts
When are people going? It's a mere 700 miles road + 24 miles sea from here, and I'd like to go. jim
Hi Jim,

Staying in the black Forest from 06 - 12 Oct. Haven't picked the day to spend at Gaggenau yet. Be in UK in mid Sept, but only a few days to see family.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts