Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Banned
8,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to Louisville, right next to Yoseyville to pick up my oldest son who has been fighting in the war. it was great. While he was there he has been through alot many battles many injuries, but he back and he alive. here is a list of the honors he received.

2 purple hearts
Army comendation medal with valor
Army achievement medal
Good conduct medal
National defense medal
Afghan Campaign medal
NATO medal
Combat Action Badge
Global war on terrorism service medal
and several more

Damn I'm proud of my son. He also is receiving another medal for saving a small Afghan childs life.

Here are some pics of the occasion.

The first pic is of my son and me, I am so proud of him. I now realize he's twice the man that I am.

The second pic is: from left to right.

Me, my wife, my grandson, and my mother.

The third pic is me with my old friend 'Governor Bashire"

Also after looking at these pics, I realize that I'm one weird looking mother fucker.

I love my son the war hero.

Attachments

·
Registered
766 Posts
CONGRAGULATIONS on your sons safe return, I have one friend in afganastan and one in Iraq, my close friend and employee leaves in jan 09 for his 2nd tour in Iraq. GOD BLESS OUR SOLDIERS,(AND THE FAMILIES THEY LEAVE BEHIND)

·
Registered
766 Posts
No such thing as to proud of someone willing to risk their own life, freedom, and future for the freedom of someone they have never met or will even appreciate the fact they are doing it. But because of people like your son we live in the greatest country on earth. Tell him thanks for all of us here at benz world

·
66,898 Posts
You're not weird you just have a couple of screws loose.
Your son looks like you by the way, so rest assured the milkman just got your goat or maybe the chicken.
Dude, when he's all rested and settled ask him about the Benz. As I told you he's got dibs.

·
Banned
8,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I already did ask him about the Benz, he said he didn't know about that. he was trying to be like me and have a Benz. SO IF ANYONE HAS AN OLD BENZ THAT THEY WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO A WAR HERO LET ME KNOW.

·
Registered
36,850 Posts

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Congrats on your son's safe return home. Please extend my thanks to him for his service. :)

And it's never too much for a father to show pride for his son.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Talk about a proud poppa! I hate this fucking war and the decisions that led us to it, but I love every one of those men and women over there and their families who worry for them every day they are away. There is no greater honor than serving your country.

·
Registered
19,471 Posts
I take my hat off to your HERO son and to you for raising such a fine young man.
Thank you to you and yours.

·
Surely A Large Human
35,725 Posts
Wow, how freaking cool is that. Congratulations on his safe return! :thumbsup:

And smile once in a while when the camera's flashy thing is about to go off. Jesus, you guys look like you're going to shoot someone over a copper gutter or something. ;)

Wait, just got a phone call...it's Grizzly Adams; he'd like his shirt & beard back. :D

·
Registered
9,689 Posts
I was very honored to have met your son. (& family) Thank you for taking the time on a very busy schedule to met with me and introduce me to a hero.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts