Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
E55 AMG
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two days ago I install AMG exhaust. The sound is amazing [:0] .You can see on pic how it looks.
I also upgrade my ECU in Vath (german company). Now I have ~310HP and ~380Nm. I haven't opportunity to check extra power because weather is really bad.

Video with sound
http://www.czach.pl/PICT1706.avi

Attachments

·
Registered
E55 AMG
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
exhaust cost me about 1200 Euro, and I didn't buy new bumper because on orginal AMG bumper (on 2 pipe) is mark how to cut for 4 pipe exhaust, so you have to only order black screen (this black plastic between exhaust)

·
Registered
Audi TT
38 Posts
EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks great!!! Sounds Great!!!

where did you get the black piece, from merc? do u have a part number. oh and how much of the AMG system is it only back box(tail pipes).

Please list everything you done and where you got the stuff cos i would really like to follow you on this mod.

·
Registered
SLK 200 R171
67 Posts
Gatecrash - 3/14/2005 8:31 PM

Two days ago I install AMG exhaust. The sound is amazing [:0] .You can see on pic how it looks.
I also upgrade my ECU in Vath (german company). Now I have ~310HP and ~380Nm. I haven't opportunity to check extra power because weather is really bad.

Video with sound
http://www.czach.pl/PICT1706.avi
The sound is awesome and incredible. Do you have the MB part number of the exhaust ? I am looking to get one but my MB dealer is hunting for the part number.

·
Registered
E55 AMG
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exhaust MB no. for (this is numer of left and right exhaust):

SLK200:
B66 03 2008

SLK350:
B66 03 2009

Black plastic screen:
for 1 pipe on side A171 885 0925 (I'm sure)
for 2 pipe on side A171 885 0825 (I think it's correct number but I have to check)

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350 AMG
474 Posts
because on orginal AMG bumper (on 2 pipe) is mark how to cut for 4 pipe exhaust
so, behind the bumper there are marks on where to cut?
Did it have to be repainted at all where the cut was?
Also.. what color is the bumper (before being painted)?

thankx

this is somethine i am definately doing with my slk AMG when i get it.
Im happy you told me this as i was going to order an amg 55 bumper but now dont have to.

·
Registered
E55 AMG
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mark on the bumper are on front side, You have to take off black plastic screen (easy job) and then you see mark on the bumper. You dont have to paint bumper, just cut and replace black screen which cover your cutting job [:D]

bumper is in color of the car (I dont understend your question)

This is my ride, from ~85km/h to 200km/h [}:)]
(driving on C mode with bad weather, winter tires)
http://www.czach.pl/zegary.mov

·
Registered
SLK55 //AMG
1,212 Posts
I am more interested in the ECU upgrade even though that exhaust is Amazing looking!
How much did that cost and how was it done?
Thanks!

·
Registered
SLK350
258 Posts
I don't know about the warranty but I suspect it would void the motor insurance ( in the UK anyay ), unless you informed the insurance company, and paid any possible increase.

·
Registered
SLK 350 AMG
161 Posts
Does the extra horsepower make any noticeable difference? Does it pick up quicker, feel faster, how does the 7G gearbox cope?

I assume some of that sound is a result of the ECU upgrade too.

·
Registered
E55 AMG
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I upgrade my ECU in Vath company. When I install ECU in my car (because I have to send my ECU to germany - they need 1 day to change program) I really feel difference!! I don't know real time from 0 to 100km/h because I have winter tires and weather is bad, but I check speed from 85 to 200km/h to previous time before upgrade ECU:

Before 80-200km/h ~17,969 (oem exhaust and ECU)
After 80-200km/h ~13,734 (AMG exhaust and Vath ECU)

I think my time from 0 to 100km/h will be ~5,1. I have done about 300km on new ECU program and gearbox working very good without any problem. Car is more powerful in normal driving/racing. Now I'm really happy! is only one minus of this new power in my car, my car need about 1 liter more gas per 100km. [8)]

·
Registered
190E 2.3 & SLK230K
403 Posts
wow...that's a significant gain in horsepower! have you considered to dyno your car to verify the results? that would be neat...[:)]

btw...the car looks great with the quad exhaust...a definate must-have for every R171...[:D]

·
Registered
SLK350
108 Posts
Can you provide details about the ECU Upgrade? Where you got it done, will they do it for someone in the US? How much? Do you have a website or contact info?

I've heard so many bad stories about the r171 info.UK company, I am afraid I'll have my ECU missing for weeks.

I am very interested in the ECU upgrade, please share info.

·
Registered
E55 AMG
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't even consider r171.uk.... I don't have trust to this company.

I upgrade my ECU in Vath (http://www.vaeth.com/)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts